DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Dad
6,617 Posts
jeremymc7 said:
So we have no info on the C30-700 RVU then?
Liv2game said:
Just a little something I thought would peak some interest... The c31 will be the first Directv branded rvu client. Don't believe me? Ask an agent to type c31 into their search tool and they'll confirm it for you.
Actually the C30 was on display at the Entropic booth at CES. Photo available in the CES 2012 highlights thread. So that qualifies as the first Directv branded RVU client.

May not see it shipped to customers if the C31 is the one coming. Can't wait to see.

Liv2game, :welcome_s

·
Dad
6,617 Posts
jasonblair said:
From my memory, ALL TVs with a digital optical output will only output 5.1 sound from the internal tuner. Anything coming in from a TV input will be down-converted to 2 channel stereo over the optical out. It was something the TV manufacturers agreed to in order to fend off a lawsuit from content providers, and get Dolby Digital certification.

The only way to get Dolby Digital is through an HDMI audio return channel, as there are HDCP copy protection protocols for HDMI.

It's kind of the audio equivalent to DRM downrezzing over component cables from Blu-ray players.
My Sony TV takes the audio output from my HR24 via HDMI and then passes out DD from the Sony TV optical out. Tried it tonight to confirm it.

·
Dad
6,617 Posts
kaminar said:
C31 to debut on Aug 30 in select areas..same $6 per tv charge..ability for trick play (similar to E*, but I hear it's MUCH better)..stream to 3 rcvrs simultaneously. And one last tidbit, when AM21 is needed for locals (single unit), can stream the signal to C31 from HR34..

:D

-=K=-
That would be very useful. Save the cost of an AM21. But the AM21 is limited to two OTA channels vs the HR34 can stream 3 in total. Only issue might be the AM21 is recording 1, and streaming 1 so someone could be left out.

Also I guess its streaming MPEG2 so the network has to be really good.
Maybe some day I can try it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.