Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DIRECTV Selects ChoiceStream to Deliver Personalized Entertainment Experience

CAMBRIDGE, Mass., BUSINESS WIRE -- ChoiceStream, Inc., the leading provider of personalization solutions for online entertainment services, e-retailers, TV and mobile providers, today announced that DIRECTV (NYSE:DTV), the nation's leading satellite television provider, has selected ChoiceStream's RealRelevance Personalization Solution to enhance the entertainment experience for DIRECTV's 15.5 million customers. The service, branded "My TV Planner," is for DIRECTV subscribers only and can be accessed on www.directv.com.
Read the entire store at: Broadcast Newsroom

·
Godfather
313 Posts
Just tried to access "My TV Planner". Didn't work. Must be still under construction. I wonder tho if this will affect the Guide as it appears in my home. Or is it just something to play with on their website. If it's the former I will most definitely use it.

·
Godfather/Supporter
854 Posts
I tried it. it's fluff. Not useful for me. Very similar to suggestions at Netflix or Blockbuster online.

·
Godfather
418 Posts
sorahl said:
I tried it. it's fluff. Not useful for me. Very similar to suggestions at Netflix or Blockbuster online.
I tried it as well and I don't see the appeal.

Now if it were incorporated into the guide or showcases that would be something else.

I don't typically look to the web for programming information, that is what the on-screen program guide is for.

Could they have spent that money better somewhere else?

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
I looked at it yesterday, before reading this, there site is fastly becoming a POS

·
AllStar
71 Posts
dodge boy said:
I looked at it yesterday, before reading this, there site is fastly becoming a POS
I can't find it... Any help?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,222 Posts
Boy, if only there were some way to do this right at the TV where you can actually watch it instead of on their website. What would really be cool is if it would use unused space on the hard drive of a DVR to grab these shows in case you wanted to watch them without waiting for them to be on again.

:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.