DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 38 of 38 Posts

Wait, I thought you wanted to cancel? See, this is why they won鈥檛 let you cancel online, they lure you back with a cheaper price for a year, they would rather have some money from you then no money at all. 馃槈
they love it when we call in. :D :rolleyes::mad:. the only thing that i was able to cancel on DTV sat was the epix channel. Though i had to call in and downgrade the main package :mad: :poop:

The real issue here is that while DIRECTV is theoretically an independent operation, they're still contracting with AT&T for many of their customer-interactive services (Account Management, Customer Service and possibly much of the in-home service calls). I'm sure they would love to be out from under AT&T's thumb to the extent that they were able but that's an expensive proposition.

Just to port the data back to the old Accounts system may be cost prohibitive depending on how significant the changes to the software and its underpinnings were made.

Fortunately for you, you're not bound up in a programming commitment as those who subscribe to DIRECTV's satellite service might be.
I hear that there moving DTV sat customers over to a DTV billing system and out from the old ATT billing system. any info on that one???

Registered
i bet there trying to make DTV and the DTV stream look good in there share holders eyes. wich in turn there bending over backwards doing what it takes to keep subs!!!
I'd say it's about making those businesses look good in the eyes of a potential buyer/merger partner (i.e. DISH). Because now that DTV has been spun off separate from AT&T, they no longer publicly report their results.

Registered
I haven't heard from one person that they were, are, or will be moved back to DTV billing. I know I certainly haven't been unfortunately.
I seem to recall some guy on this forum -- a long while ago -- saying he was told that by an AT&T/DTV CSR. (Obviously, take with a giant grain of salt.) That they had decided to pause the transition of accounts over to the AT&T billing system and might end up reversing the shifted accounts back to DTV billing.

My guess is that all that has just been on hold for quite some time now once AT&T began heeding the call of Wall Street to explore spinning/selling off DTV a couple years ago. And now they may be in talks for another deal with DISH. So I really doubt anything happens in terms of billing changes until DTV merges with DISH (or such a deal gets kiboshed by the DOJ).

Beware the Attack Basset
i bet there trying to make DTV and the DTV stream look good in there share holders eyes. wich in turn there bending over backwards doing what it takes to keep subs!!!
As we've pretty well established, any deal would be almost entirely about subscriber numbers. Everything else about DIRECTV (save any patents they may hold) is not worth much outside of serving DIRECTV DBS customers until the bitter end.

If there are still patents involved (i.e. Replay TV), that might be of interest to someone (DISH).

I'm thinking that running up debt is probably not a good idea given the outlook on inflation and interest rates. Anyone who buys DIRECTV would have to buy the debt and between AT&T and TPG's shares (of the debt), that's a pretty big chunk of change.

Reactions: krel

Beware the Attack Basset
a REP told me that!!! but it's all speculation now!!! i'll belive it when i see it!!!
The jury is still out on which is a worse resource for news about DIRECTV: installers or CSRs. Information like that often comes from customers and we know how unreliable they are in terms of authoritative information.

Reactions: krel

The jury is still out on which is a worse resource for news about DIRECTV: installers or CSRs. Information like that often comes from customers and we know how unreliable they are in terms of authoritative information.
I will agree with you on that. Though i will say since the buyout things have gotten a little better but there's still room for improvement....

Care to share your source of that information?
A rep said that there moving moving people over to off the att billing system onto the dtv system and that my acct would be one of them since i'm only a DTV sub. i'll take that with a grain of salt like everything else they say because i don't think half of them know what there doing :rolleyes: .

21 - 38 of 38 Posts