DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
98 Posts
This is a warning to all those using movies anywhere integration with Directv. Their link between ordering Trolls: Holiday in Harmony is not functioning with Directv. That means if you purchase the film elsewhere than through Directv directly, it will not integrate into your purchases collection on your Directv server.

I called Movies Anywhere customer service and they stated this is a known issue they are working on. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, especially considering this is a Christmas movie.

· Registered
98 Posts
I am experiencing another DTV/ Movies Anywhere problem. I purchased Encanto on 02/17 through Movies Anywhere app and it shows up successfully on my purchases collection page on my Directv receiver.

However, when I go to play the movie, it prompts me to pay for a rental. It shows up as eligible for purchase or rental on the DTV cinema website. However, DTV customer service claims it is only available for rental and not purchase, and that their own website is incorrect.

To make matters worse, because I did not purchase the movie directly through Directv, they claim to have no record of a purchase.

I am hoping someone on here may be of some help, and knows what to do.

In closing, I can view the film through the movies anywhere app, but not my Directv receiver. This is so frustrating.

· Registered
98 Posts
I know I am reviving an older thread here, but there is no other thread on the board concerning Movies Anywhere and DTV. Is there a hard limit to the number of movies that will show up on the Purchases Collection page, regardless of purchase status? Currently, only 115 of my 121 Movies Anywhere movies show up on the DTV Purchases Collection page. All of the remaining 6 are currently in DTV’s master catalogue.

I noticed the 6 missing titles are the last six titles alphabetically in my Movies Anywhere collection. My purchases collection in DTV stops at number 115 title with letter T.
However, the final six titles pull up as purchased on my DTV receiver when manually searching for them through a smart search on the receiver.

Has anyone else on here encountered this? I am running on an HS17 and 3 C61K’s.

· Registered
98 Posts
These are Warner Brothers, Fox, Sony, and Disney Movies. Uncharted, V for Vendetta, Wall-E, Wild, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, and Zootopia, They all are movies from participating studios.

I am hoping to hear from anyone on here who has a large collection greater than 115 films of their experience.

· Registered
98 Posts
I attempted doing so again today for another issue. I purchased Excalibur and Parker this weekend in HD through the ITunes Store. Neither one pulled through the DTV software as a purchase, despite both being MA titles, available in DTV’s master catalog, and being an HD purchase.

Techguy, would you be willing to count the number of purchases in your DTV purchases folder to prove or disprove my theory of a hard 115 title software limit? It would be greatly appreciated.

· Registered
98 Posts
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Unfortunately, MysteryMan, I do not possess any of these titles in my MA account to cross reference to your experience.

I recently purchased Black Adam and Lyle Lyle Crocodile and those titles failed to integrate into my Directv purchases.

I am hoping to keep this thread alive, as it is the only one of its kind that I am aware of on any forum.

· Registered
98 Posts
There has been a patch included in a recent software update. The purchases folder is now capable of displaying 135 titles instead of only 115 titles. I had 20 MA film titles pull through the folder simultaneously down to the time stamp on each one. They were bought over a span of several months.

I have 137 MA titles in total, and only the last two alphabetically do not show in the purchases folder. They will show up as purchased when found through a smart search. They are Zootopia (Disney) and Zack Snyder’s league (Warner Brothers).

MysteryMan, I have not purchased the title you are experiencing issues with pulling through Directv. I have found that calling Movies Anywhere and reporting it as a broken link helps MA to correct the problem with Directv.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts