DBSTalk Forum banner
61 - 80 of 101 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
Hi MysteryMan,

Yes I don't see "1917" either on DIRECTV. I'm following-up with the team to see why it's not showing up. It sounds like Steve had success in seeing many of his movies on DIRECTV after he unlinked & relinked his DIRECTV account. Can you try doing that as well? Let me know if that works.

Thanks!
I just unlinked/relinked my DIRECTV account with my Movies Anywhere account. I then checked my DIRECTV link and the movie "1917" now appears in my list. Hopefully the fix kicked in and we won't have to unlink/relink every time we add a movie to our account.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Oh, one more thing. I also have 1917 and I do see it in my list. (once i re-linked accounts)
Good to know. Hopefully that will work for MysteryMan as well. I am going to not unlink and relink for now because it's not reasonable to ask all the DIRECTV customers to do that. There's an audit process that MA can initiate for DIRECTV that I'm going to ask them to do. Thanks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just unlinked/relinked my DIRECTV account with my Movies Anywhere account. I then checked my DIRECTV link and the movie "1917" now appears in my list. Hopefully the fix kicked in and we won't have to unlink/relink every time we add a movie to our account.
I hear you. I just bought a movie from iTunes and I see it on DIRECTV so it looks like the fix worked for any movies purchased after the fix deployment. You shouldn't have to unlink and relink to see any new movie purchases from other retailers on DIRECTV.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I hear you. I just bought a movie from iTunes and I see it on DIRECTV so it looks like the fix worked for any movies purchased after the fix deployment. You shouldn't have to unlink and relink to see any new movie purchases from other retailers on DIRECTV.
MysteryMan,

The team worked with the MA team to ensure that any missing MA titles are populated on DIRECTV earlier this week. I now see "1917" on my Genie so everything should be working fine now.

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
I recently added "Air Force One" to my Movies Everywhere account but it's not showing in my DIRECTV linked account. Is anyone else experiencing this? There was a issue back in December where movies added to your Movies Everywhere account weren't showing up in your linked DIRECTV account.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I recently added "Air Force One" to my Movies Everywhere account but it's not showing in my DIRECTV linked account. Is anyone else experiencing this? There was a issue back in December where movies added to your Movies Everywhere account weren't showing up in your linked DIRECTV account.
Hi MysteryMan,

From the report I just ran, I don't see any failures where an MA user bought Air Force One from another linked MA retailer (e.g. iTunes) and did NOT see it on their DIRECTV STB, directv.com, or mobile app.

The below are the conditions that must be met for you to access Air Force One on DIRECTV. These conditions are in the FAQs on www.directv.com/moviesanywhere. If all these conditions are met and you still don't see the title on DIRECTV, please let me know.

1) Your DIRECTV satellite and the other digital retailer account are connected to your Movies Anywhere account.
You can verify this by going to the following URL:

Sign In | Movies Anywhere

2) The movie title is also available from DIRECTV.
I see the movie on directv.com so it's available:

https://www.directv.com/movies/Air-Force-One-Q1lLclFrajJBenNPZGFyNVMyV3Z4dz09

3) The movie title is in High Definition resolution or higher
DIRECTV only has MA titles in HD or 4K. If you bought Air Force One in SD from another retailer (e.g. iTunes) then it won't show up on DIRECTV. Sorry!

4) It can take up to 24 hours for an MA title purchased from another connected MA retailer to show up on DIRECTV

Thanks for being a DIRECTV customer! :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've had this issue with Mrs Doubtfire. Purchased it on Amazon on 6/19, shows up on iTunes and Vudu, but not on my DTV account. Oddly enough, when you search Mrs Doubtfire from the DTV STB, the movie doesn't have a Movies Anywhere logo. So it's like DTV doesn't recognize Mrs Doubtfire as movies anywhere eligible.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi ron_s,

I just checked my STB and see the MA logo on Mrs Doubtfire. Please make sure the following conditions are met if you don't see that movie on your STB ...

1) Your DIRECTV satellite and the other digital retailer account are connected to your Movies Anywhere account. You can verify this by going to the following URL -> Sign In | Movies Anywhere

2) The movie title is also available from DIRECTV. Search for it on the STB, mobile app, or directv.com.

DIRECTV only has MA titles in HD or 4K. If you bought an MA title in SD from another retailer (e.g. iTunes) then it won't show up on DIRECTV. Sorry!

4) It can take up to 24 hours for an MA title purchased from another connected MA retailer to show up on DIRECTV

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
Hi MysteryMan,

From the report I just ran, I don't see any failures where an MA user bought Air Force One from another linked MA retailer (e.g. iTunes) and did NOT see it on their DIRECTV STB, directv.com, or mobile app.

The below are the conditions that must be met for you to access Air Force One on DIRECTV. These conditions are in the FAQs on www.directv.com/moviesanywhere. If all these conditions are met and you still don't see the title on DIRECTV, please let me know.

1) Your DIRECTV satellite and the other digital retailer account are connected to your Movies Anywhere account.
You can verify this by going to the following URL:

Sign In | Movies Anywhere

2) The movie title is also available from DIRECTV.
I see the movie on directv.com so it's available:

https://www.directv.com/movies/Air-Force-One-Q1lLclFrajJBenNPZGFyNVMyV3Z4dz09

DIRECTV only has MA titles in HD or 4K. If you bought Air Force One in SD from another retailer (e.g. iTunes) then it won't show up on DIRECTV. Sorry!

Ron, my Movies Anywhere account is linked with DIRECTV. The title "Air Force One" is available from DIRECTV. The title "Air Force One" came in both 4K and HD. I added it to my Movies Anywhere account last month. But as I stated it is not listed in my linked DIRECTV account.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Ron, my Movies Anywhere account is linked with DIRECTV. The title "Air Force One" is available from DIRECTV. The title "Air Force One" came in both 4K and HD. I added it to my Movies Anywhere account last month. But as I stated it is not listed in my linked DIRECTV account.
Hi Mystery Man,

Let me see if I can reproduce the issue you're having. Which retailer did you buy Air Force One from?

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
Hi Mystery Man,

Let me see if I can reproduce the issue you're having. Which retailer did you buy Air Force One from?

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru
I purchased "Air Force One" 4K Ultra HD disc from Best Buy last month. It came with a digital code (sonypictures.com/MAredeem). After I entered the code it appeared in my Movies Anywhere account. My Movies Anywhere account is linked with DIRECTV, Vudu, Google Play, Microsoft, Prime Video, and AppleTV. "Air Force One" is listed in my linked accounts with Movies Anywhere except DIRECTV.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi Mystery Man,

Are you able to access Air Force One in Vudu, Google Play, Microsoft, Prime Video, and AppleTV? I'm wondering if this issue is specific to DIRECTV only.

Is this the movie you bought from Best Buy?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/air-fo...-blu-ray-blu-ray-1997/6293224.p?skuId=6293224

Also, can you try redeeming the digital code at the Movies Anywhere site and see if that resolves your issue of not seeing the movie on DIRECTV? Let me know if this does not work.

Can I watch movies I've already purchased on Blu-ray or DVD on Movies Anywhere?

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
Hi Mystery Man,

Are you able to access Air Force One in Vudu, Google Play, Microsoft, Prime Video, and AppleTV? I'm wondering if this issue is specific to DIRECTV only.

Also, can you try redeeming the digital code at the Movies Anywhere site and see if that resolves your issue of not seeing the movie on DIRECTV? Let me know if this does not work.

Can I watch movies I've already purchased on Blu-ray or DVD on Movies Anywhere?

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru
"Air Force One" is accessible on all my linked accounts with Movies Anywhere except DIRECTV which doesn't list it. The code has been used and cannot be used again.

·
Registered
36 Posts
"Air Force One" is accessible on all my linked accounts with Movies Anywhere except DIRECTV which doesn't list it. The code has been used and cannot be used again.
Got it. Can you answer the following questions? Your answers will help me troubleshoot this. I don't see Air Force One in 4K being available on DIRECTV. In that case, you should see the HD version on the STB, mobile app, and directv.com.

1) Do you see Air Force One in HD on the STB?
2) Do you see Air Force One in HD on the DIRECTV mobile app?
3) Do you see Air Force One in HD on directv.com?
4) Have you tried unlinking and relinking your DIRECTV account to MA? If not, please try this and let me know if you still can't see the movie on DIRECTV

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
Got it. Can you answer the following questions? Your answers will help me troubleshoot this. I don't see Air Force One in 4K being available on DIRECTV. In that case, you should see the HD version on the STB, mobile app, and directv.com.

1) Do you see Air Force One in HD on the STB?
2) Do you see Air Force One in HD on the DIRECTV mobile app?
3) Do you see Air Force One in HD on directv.com?
4) Have you tried unlinking and relinking your DIRECTV account to MA? If not, please try this and let me know if you still can't see the movie on DIRECTV

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru
The answer to questions 1-3 is yes. Question 4: I unlinked and relinked my Movies Anywhere account with DIRECTV and it corrected the issue. "Air Force One" is now listed (1080p) in my DIRECTV linked account with Movies Anywhere. Thanks Ron.

·
Registered
36 Posts
The answer to questions 1-3 is yes. Question 4: I unlinked and relinked my Movies Anywhere account with DIRECTV and it corrected the issue. "Air Force One" is now listed (1080p) in my DIRECTV linked account with Movies Anywhere. Thanks Ron.
Great! Glad you were able to resolve the issue. This has been "DTV MA Guru" you've been corresponding with ... Not "Ron" (aka ron_s). :)

Regards,
DTV MA Guru

·
Premium Member
11,481 Posts
Great! Glad you were able to resolve the issue. This has been "DTV MA Guru" you've been corresponding with ... Not "Ron" (aka ron_s). :)

Regards,
DTV MA Guru
I've added quite a few movies in the past six months to my Movies Anywhere account and all of them appeared in my DIRECTV linked account except "Air Force One". Any idea what caused the issue?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I've added quite a few movies in the past six months to my Movies Anywhere account and all of them appeared in my DIRECTV linked account except "Air Force One". Any idea what caused the issue?
I'm assuming that you weren't able to see Air Force One in HD on the STB, mobile app, or directv.com until you unlinked and relinked your DIRECTV account to MA. If that's the case, then I don't know what caused this issue. Nothing is perfect in software unfortunately. :-( What's different in this scenario is that you were redeeming the Blu-ray disc code at the Sony site. I haven't seen too many of these scenarios though so I can't say that's a potential problem.

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru

61 - 80 of 101 Posts