DBSTalk Forum banner
81 - 100 of 106 Posts

· Registered
15,592 Posts
I've added quite a few movies in the past six months to my Movies Anywhere account and all of them appeared in my DIRECTV linked account except "Air Force One". Any idea what caused the issue?
I'm assuming that you weren't able to see Air Force One in HD on the STB, mobile app, or directv.com until you unlinked and relinked your DIRECTV account to MA. If that's the case, then I don't know what caused this issue. Nothing is perfect in software unfortunately. :-( What's different in this scenario is that you were redeeming the Blu-ray disc code at the Sony site. I haven't seen too many of these scenarios though so I can't say that's a potential problem.

Thanks,
DTV MA Guru
I had the same issue with the movie Nobody, showed up everywhere except on DirecTV. As recommended I unlinked the Moviesanywhere from DirecTV and relinked it and Nobody shows up now.

· Registered
36 Posts
I had the same issue with the movie Nobody, showed up everywhere except on DirecTV. As recommended I unlinked the Moviesanywhere from DirecTV and relinked it and Nobody shows up now.
Hi Mystery Man,

I bought Nobody from Apple and News Of The World from Prime and am able to play them from the STB. Not sure why you were having issues?! If anyone else has issues similar to Mystery Man, please let me know. Thanks!

Regards,
DTV MA Guru

· Registered
55 Posts
Hi ron_s,

I just checked my STB and see the MA logo on Mrs Doubtfire. Please make sure the following conditions are met if you don't see that movie on your STB ...

1) Your DIRECTV satellite and the other digital retailer account are connected to your Movies Anywhere account. You can verify this by going to the following URL -> Sign In | Movies Anywhere

2) The movie title is also available from DIRECTV. Search for it on the STB, mobile app, or directv.com.

3) The movie title is in High Definition resolution or higher
DIRECTV only has MA titles in HD or 4K. If you bought an MA title in SD from another retailer (e.g. iTunes) then it won't show up on DIRECTV. Sorry!

4) It can take up to 24 hours for an MA title purchased from another connected MA retailer to show up on DIRECTV

Thanks for being a DIRECTV customer! :)
Hi there. Yes, Mrs Doubtfire now shows as MA on my STB (it didn't a few weeks ago), but still doesn't show up in my purchases. And yes, in purchased it in 1080p HD from Amazon Instant Video. When I was researching this, I also see that Aladdin has the same issue. I purchased it years ago, along with the two sequels, all in HD. The entire series, as well as Mrs Doubtfire show on my other MA linked retailers. The two sequels show up in DTV purchased folder, but the original Aladdin doesn't.

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi there. Yes, Mrs Doubtfire now shows as MA on my STB (it didn't a few weeks ago), but still doesn't show up in my purchases. And yes, in purchased it in 1080p HD from Amazon Instant Video. When I was researching this, I also see that Aladdin has the same issue. I purchased it years ago, along with the two sequels, all in HD. The entire series, as well as Mrs Doubtfire show on my other MA linked retailers. The two sequels show up in DTV purchased folder, but the original Aladdin doesn't.
Hi ron_s,

You had reported issues with the Aladdin movies back in July 2020 and there's been issues that were addressed since then. Try unlinking and re-linking your DIRECTV account to MA at Sign In | Movies Anywhere. I see that DIRECTV has those movies plus Mrs Doubtfire available in HD so those movies should sync over to DIRECTV.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
DTVMAGuru

· Registered
55 Posts
Hi ron_s,

You had reported issues with the Aladdin movies back in July 2020 and there's been issues that were addressed since then. Try unlinking and re-linking your DIRECTV account to MA at Sign In | Movies Anywhere. I see that DIRECTV has those movies plus Mrs Doubtfire available in HD so those movies should sync over to DIRECTV.

Let me know if that doesn't work for you.

Thanks,
DTVMAGuru
Mrs Doubtfire finally showed up after relinking twice. Aladdin is still a no-show

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi ron_s,

The team is investigating why Aladdin is not showing up on your STB. I'll provide another update next week on how things are going.

Thanks,
DTVMAGuru
Hi ron_s,

The dev team did some investigation and may have found a root cause. I just reached out to the MA team for their help. I believe this issue impacts other users as well so it's not just you. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and your patience. Stay tuned!

Regards,
DTVMAGuru

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi ron_s,

The dev team did some investigation and may have found a root cause. I just reached out to the MA team for their help. I believe this issue impacts other users as well so it's not just you. Thanks for bringing this to my attention and your patience. Stay tuned!

Regards,
DTVMAGuru
Hi ron_s,

You mentioned that you bought Aladdin (1992) from Prime. Do you have other retailers linked to MA other than Prime and DIRECTV? If so, can you access that movie on those other retailers?

Thanks,
DTVMAGuru

· Registered
36 Posts
Hi ron_s,

You mentioned that you bought Aladdin (1992) from Prime. Do you have other retailers linked to MA other than Prime and DIRECTV? If so, can you access that movie on those other retailers?

Thanks,
DTVMAGuru
Hi ron_s,

I found out there's a theatrical version and a signature edition version of Aladdin (1992). The one you bought from Prime is the theatrical version which unfortunately DIRECTV does not have in its catalog because license expired in 2017. I'm working with the content team to see if it's possible to add it. I'll let you know if it's possible to do that.

Thanks,
DTVMAGuru

· Registered
97 Posts
This is a warning to all those using movies anywhere integration with Directv. Their link between ordering Trolls: Holiday in Harmony is not functioning with Directv. That means if you purchase the film elsewhere than through Directv directly, it will not integrate into your purchases collection on your Directv server.

I called Movies Anywhere customer service and they stated this is a known issue they are working on. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, especially considering this is a Christmas movie.

· Registered
36 Posts
This is a warning to all those using movies anywhere integration with Directv. Their link between ordering Trolls: Holiday in Harmony is not functioning with Directv. That means if you purchase the film elsewhere than through Directv directly, it will not integrate into your purchases collection on your Directv server.

I called Movies Anywhere customer service and they stated this is a known issue they are working on. Hopefully this will be resolved soon, especially considering this is a Christmas movie.
Hi minimonster17, sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing the Trolls: Holiday in Harmony movie on DIRECTV. I wish I could help but I am no longer with DIRECTV. Perhaps you can try reaching out the DIRECTV customer service.

Thanks!

· Registered
97 Posts
I am experiencing another DTV/ Movies Anywhere problem. I purchased Encanto on 02/17 through Movies Anywhere app and it shows up successfully on my purchases collection page on my Directv receiver.

However, when I go to play the movie, it prompts me to pay for a rental. It shows up as eligible for purchase or rental on the DTV cinema website. However, DTV customer service claims it is only available for rental and not purchase, and that their own website is incorrect.

To make matters worse, because I did not purchase the movie directly through Directv, they claim to have no record of a purchase.

I am hoping someone on here may be of some help, and knows what to do.

In closing, I can view the film through the movies anywhere app, but not my Directv receiver. This is so frustrating.

· Go Pack Go!!!!
2,778 Posts
I am experiencing another DTV/ Movies Anywhere problem. I purchased Encanto on 02/17 through Movies Anywhere app and it shows up successfully on my purchases collection page on my Directv receiver.

However, when I go to play the movie, it prompts me to pay for a rental. It shows up as eligible for purchase or rental on the DTV cinema website. However, DTV customer service claims it is only available for rental and not purchase, and that their own website is incorrect.

To make matters worse, because I did not purchase the movie directly through Directv, they claim to have no record of a purchase.

In closing, I can view the film through the movies anywhere app, but not my Directv receiver. This is so frustrating.
Do a clearmybox on your Genie, let everything reload and try it again to see if it got fixed to play (not rent) the purchase.

· Premium Member
11,490 Posts

I experienced a similar issue awhile back. Disconnecting DIRECTV from my Movies Anywhere account and reconnecting DIRECTV to my Movies Anywhere account solved the issue.

· Registered
97 Posts
I know I am reviving an older thread here, but there is no other thread on the board concerning Movies Anywhere and DTV. Is there a hard limit to the number of movies that will show up on the Purchases Collection page, regardless of purchase status? Currently, only 115 of my 121 Movies Anywhere movies show up on the DTV Purchases Collection page. All of the remaining 6 are currently in DTV’s master catalogue.

I noticed the 6 missing titles are the last six titles alphabetically in my Movies Anywhere collection. My purchases collection in DTV stops at number 115 title with letter T.
However, the final six titles pull up as purchased on my DTV receiver when manually searching for them through a smart search on the receiver.

Has anyone else on here encountered this? I am running on an HS17 and 3 C61K’s.

· Registered
108 Posts
I know I am reviving an older thread here, but there is no other thread on the board concerning Movies Anywhere and DTV. Is there a hard limit to the number of movies that will show up on the Purchases Collection page, regardless of purchase status? Currently, only 115 of my 121 Movies Anywhere movies show up on the DTV Purchases Collection page. All of the remaining 6 are currently in DTV’s master catalogue.

I noticed the 6 missing titles are the last six titles alphabetically in my Movies Anywhere collection. My purchases collection in DTV stops at number 115 title with letter T.
However, the final six titles pull up as purchased on my DTV receiver when manually searching for them through a smart search on the receiver.

Has anyone else on here encountered this? I am running on an HS17 and 3 C61K’s.
What studios made those 6 movies?

For example, Paramount, Lionsgate and MGM are not part of Movies Anywhere.

Only Disney, Fox, Warner and Sony are.

· Registered
97 Posts
These are Warner Brothers, Fox, Sony, and Disney Movies. Uncharted, V for Vendetta, Wall-E, Wild, Zack Snyder’s Justice League, and Zootopia, They all are movies from participating studios.

I am hoping to hear from anyone on here who has a large collection greater than 115 films of their experience.

· Registered
1,413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
The movies in question need to be available on DirecTV Satellite in HD or 4K to show up. When searching my mom's HR54 I didn't see ZL's Justice League show up. Her D* account is connected to my Movies Anywhere account and Uncharted & V for Vendetta show up. My MA library is over 200 movies and it looks like most of mine are there.

I would recommend de-linking and re-linking the MA account to D* and sometimes that will cause a refresh and get some titles to show.

· Registered
97 Posts
I attempted doing so again today for another issue. I purchased Excalibur and Parker this weekend in HD through the ITunes Store. Neither one pulled through the DTV software as a purchase, despite both being MA titles, available in DTV’s master catalog, and being an HD purchase.

Techguy, would you be willing to count the number of purchases in your DTV purchases folder to prove or disprove my theory of a hard 115 title software limit? It would be greatly appreciated.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts