DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok Silly question, does any one know what type dish is installed for Colorado customers with HD? I'm moving from Directv to Dish with a older D* dish.

Thanks in advance...

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Rtm said:
Why the move to dish?
5 years in a row of price increases from D*, I just was unwilling to pay what they wanted to charge for SD cable TV. Been a D* customer for 14 years, sad how they will give great deals to "new" customers but really stick it to existing customers. I could have called them and tried to negotiate a lower price as I have done for the past several years, perhaps upgraded to HD, but it was just time to move on.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,579 Posts
Simonjester said:
5 years in a row of price increases from D*, I just was unwilling to pay what they wanted to charge for SD cable TV. Been a D* customer for 14 years, sad how they will give great deals to "new" customers but really stick it to existing customers. I could have called them and tried to negotiate a lower price as I have done for the past several years, perhaps upgraded to HD, but it was just time to move on.
Before you jump ship take a more in depth look at DISH costs. DISH also has had just about annual price increases usually in the Feb-March time frames. They have also adjusted the fees for additional receivers so each additional receiver can cost you from $7-17 per month depending on what it is. Those low monthly fees are 12 month promotional offerings with a 24 month commitment. I have had both services and DISH can be cheaper depending on choices you make, but then again D* can also be cheaper depending on your choices.:):):)

·
Banned
120 Posts
boba said:
Before you jump ship take a more in depth look at DISH costs. DISH also has had just about annual price increases usually in the Feb-March time frames. They have also adjusted the fees for additional receivers so each additional receiver can cost you from $7-17 per month depending on what it is. Those low monthly fees are 12 month promotional offerings with a 24 month commitment. I have had both services and DISH can be cheaper depending on choices you make, but then again D* can also be cheaper depending on your choices.:):):)
and let me guess ,you now have directv :rolleyes:

·
Cool Member
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I understand both companies might / will do annual price increases however with the 12 month credit and free HD, E* just wins for now. For the past several years I had gotten D* to issue a monthly credit but it seems more and more difficult...

It does suck to go from no commitment to a 24m commitment but its only 2 years. Question at the end of the 24 m commitment can you just go month to month or do you have to renew for another 24m? Currently on the DHA-24 agreement...

The main reason for this post I'm trying to see what the OD of the E* mast would be. I think it will match my current D* mount, however I'm not sure if I will be able to reuse the current mount spot. I have my D* dish mounted on the side of my house pointed up right past my neighbors roofline. I think the E* birds are lower in the sky, so back to a roof mounted dish. Guess I will find out once the installer shows up...

·
Hall Of Fame
1,356 Posts
Simonjester said:
...Question at the end of the 24 m commitment can you just go month to month or do you have to renew for another 24m? Currently on the DHA-24 agreement...
you go month to month unless you decide to upgrade then you would be back to a 24 month commitment...well as of today anyway

·
Godfather
359 Posts
I know exactly what you mean! I was one of those 'early' adopters of little dishes, and went with direct when they were only sold (not rented/leased). Cost me $800 for a single room system. After a few years, they were basically giving away 2 receivers to new customers (w/DVR). I asked if there was anyway I could get a 2nd rec (w/DVR) and the reply was "sure, for only $800 we'll set you right up". So I dumped them and went to dish-that was many years and monthly payments ago

(oh, and then I sold my Direct system on Ebay and got a pretty good chunk of change for it)

Simonjester said:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.