DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay! Got the Whole-Home DVR setup & working great. Loving the new HD guide. What about watching my recorded programs on my desktop, laptop or even my android tablet? I see there is an Ipad app, where is the love for them. :mad: Just venting. Anybody have a workaround for these other hardwares that they would love to share. Thanks in advance. :)

· Hall Of Fame
3,914 Posts
If you're wanting to watch recordings at home on your laptop and desktop, you can load the DIRECTV2PC program [link]. You have to enter an email address and it will send you an activation key and these instructions:

Please follow these steps to install and launch the DIRECTV2PC application:
1. Double-click the downloaded directv2pc.exe file.
2. Follow the on-screen installation instructions
3. Enter the above activation key when prompted.
4. Double-click the DIRECTV2PC application desktop icon after the
installation is complete

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I should have done my homework. :( I did ask the installer and all he mention was the Ipad app.

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
RACJ2 said:
No problem, that's what this forum is all about, sharing knowledge and helping others (and occasional complaining).
Cough, cough.... "occasional"!? You must read different threads than I!

:D:nono::nono::)

· Registered
9,461 Posts
Don't lose the number. Get it tattoo if you must. There is two strictly in force downloading limit.

· Icon
1,083 Posts
Thanks to Directv2PC I think I currently have 78 email addresses.

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
PCampbell said:
The iPad app is great but you can't watch recordings with it but it cam stream some channels. You need to get nomad to put recordings on an iPad or PC.
Nomad? :confused: I will research that. Thanks again to everyone for their input.

· Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,115 Posts
RACJ2 said:
That was a bit of sarcasm, knowing full well that it would get either a verbal or written response from the DBStalk veterans.
Just to be clear, I read it that way, and my reply was intended only to be light-hearted. Amusing to some, if I am lucky!

· Cool Member
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
RACJ2 said:
Please follow these steps to install and launch the DIRECTV2PC application:
1. Double-click the downloaded directv2pc.exe file.
2. Follow the on-screen installation instructions
3. Enter the above activation key when prompted.
4. Double-click the DIRECTV2PC application desktop icon after the
installation is complete
Ok guys. I followed instructions, I can see both HD recievers on laptop, I select a program to play back & I only get sound and a green video screen without picture. A Dell XPS (15 L502x) w/excellent NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M video card & 1080p LED display. WTF? Will do re-install tonight. :(

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,529 Posts
Twill812 said:
I followed instructions, I can see both HD recievers on laptop, I select a program to play back & I only get sound and a green video screen without picture. A Dell XPS (15 L502x) w/excellent NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M video card & 1080p LED display.
What did the DIRECTV2PC Playback Advisor have to say about your configuration?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.