DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
2,562 Posts
I just got back from a week in PR (which I would recomend to anybody, BTW, very nice people and very friendly). Drove around a bit and did some shopping too.

DISH seemed to be the same DISH as on the mainland. Saw a retailer in the mall, and they had packages that were more or less the same. Same dish. DirecTV seemed to be a totally different service, with a different dish, a single LNB with a larger dish. Totally diferent packages.

BTW, network (English Big 4) TV was OTA, but the local stations were weird. NBC and CBS were in the USVI, while Fox and ABC were in San Juan, and the CW primetime was on a channel that showed Spanish programming otherwise. Commercials on the San Juan stations was in Spanish. All were, however, just repeaters of the NYC stations, other than the local commercials, including the local news, and the weather (which would be really weird in the wintertime).

· Godfather
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SamC said:
I just got back from a week in PR (which I would recomend to anybody, BTW, very nice people and very friendly). Drove around a bit and did some shopping too.

DISH seemed to be the same DISH as on the mainland. Saw a retailer in the mall, and they had packages that were more or less the same. Same dish. DirecTV seemed to be a totally different service, with a different dish, a single LNB with a larger dish. Totally diferent packages.

BTW, network (English Big 4) TV was OTA, but the local stations were weird. NBC and CBS were in the USVI, while Fox and ABC were in San Juan, and the CW primetime was on a channel that showed Spanish programming otherwise. Commercials on the San Juan stations was in Spanish. All were, however, just repeaters of the NYC stations, other than the local commercials, including the local news, and the weather (which would be really weird in the wintertime).
Hi Sam:

Did you eat a lot of rice and beans? And how about a few cold medalla beers?
I am glad you enjoy your stay over here! And how about the beautiful beaches and the beautiful women!!!!!!;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.