DBSTalk Forum banner
101 - 115 of 115 Posts

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,453 Posts
I'm assuming that you don't realize that you're responding to posts that are more than four years old. Is Tapatalk installed here too?

·
Registered
3 Posts
As a Time Warner/Spectrum customer (internet service) I can tell you it's gotten worse since the take over. I pay my DIRECTV bill at our area AT&T store. Average time to perform this task is ten minutes or less. I pay my internet bill at our area Time Warner/Spectrum outlet. Average time to perform this task is thirty to forty five minutes. I can count the number of days I've had issues (rain/snow fade) with my DIRECTV service in a year's time on my hand and have most of my fingers left over. I lost count how many times my internet has gone down in the same amount of time. On the plus side my internet speeds average at Ping 14 ms, Download 118.30 Mb/s, Upload 12.00 Mb/s. For that I pay $69.10 a month. They did offer to upgrade my download speed to 300 Mb/s for $110.00 a month with a one time install fee of $200.00. Forum etiquette prevents me from posting the answer I gave them!
Been with DIRECTV over 25 years myself and know how to get great discounts...my internet is with ATT with fiber optic and 1 gigabit speed for $59.99 per month...boy that 300mbs for $110 per month is ridiculous.

·
1,135 Posts
Wow is cable that bad ?
I have heard nightmares about optimum but didn't know spectrum was thay bad too .

Optimum charges $2 per stb to pause rewind live tv but only 75 HD hour limit DVR. How bad is spectrum DVR.

And I agree I have been through hurricanes with D* very few issue s. Cable on the other hand can go down randomly just because .
spectrum DVR'S record 4 shows at once so watch one and record 3. they have a 1 TB HDD. there DVR fee is 12.99 a month last i knew it might be more now for all i know. the spectrum 210 box is a pile of crap just poor manufacturing and the guide is full of bugs and software glitches. i had the TWC whole home setup with the six tuner box i moved and changed zip codes they told me no more whole home DVR. i told em to kiss my ass!!! the select package will run about 99.99 a month with a promo for 120 crap channels thats for one DVR box and one standard HD set top box . i can't imagine what people are paying with more than one DVR in there homes:eek:o_O:oops: that was 19.99 for upto 4 DVR boxes

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
More than 1 dvr ? Like they don't have multi room dvr ?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Godfather
983 Posts
where I live, and I haven't checked in a year - the only DVR was 2 tuner and no whole home. They were introducing cloud based DVR but also not available yet where I live.
In this day and age????

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
Crazy lol

·
1,135 Posts
where I live, and I haven't checked in a year - the only DVR was 2 tuner and no whole home. They were introducing cloud based DVR but also not available yet where I live.
In this day and age????
i had the 6 tuner whole home from TWC. but when you moved to a different zip code you lost that service!!!

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
you don't even know the half of it with spectrum :D :rolleyes:
IMO all cable cos are .

I hear horror stories with Optimum/Altice and Cox all the time.

I think optimum charges $2 to rewind live TV lol

Reactions: krel

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
At work the cox video will just randomly go out for no reason . We tried to watch MM and yea forget about it...

Not to mention constant dropped phone calls via cox "business" ...

·
1,135 Posts
IMO all cable cos are .

I hear horror stories with Optimum/Altice and Cox all the time.

I think optimum charges $2 to rewind live TV lol

shhh shuddd up you shouldn't be talking like that on here!!! it might give other providers the idea to charge a fee to FF and rewind:LOL:. i love it i canceled my service for cheaper rates and better service. they call me 5 times a day trying to get me back. i tell em they suck and they don't give yearly promo's out like DTV does!!! i told the rep i pay DTV cheaper rates than there charging people. hetried telling me that he knew how much i was paying for DTV. i asked him if he was looking at my bill o_O . that just pissed him off he hung up LMFAO:ROFLMAO:

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
so COX sucks then :unsure:
Lol I tried being a noble citizen and called them about an open/exposed pedestal in the neighborhood before a snow storm .. they fixed it 3 weeks later...

Reactions: krel
101 - 115 of 115 Posts