Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,880 Posts
machavez00 said:
I bethca I can fool it by running vitrtual pc and Vista on my Mac
:bonk1:
Currently, no. The installer for Viiv 1.5 (latest version) will not install under Vista. I just tried it with my Vista RC2 machine. It complains about the OS first thing. I'm tempted to tear open the MSI that gets extracted from the EXE installer and tweaking the required OS and other such things to make it install on my machine. From what I've seen, Viiv 1.6 will support Vista fully.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
dvrblogger said:
and where are you going to get 1080p content from ? One day it will exist but not over the air either HD DVD/Bluray or maybe cable and satellite. ATSC doesn't support 1080p .
In all fairness, he said "full resolution" which is rather vague. He never specifically said 1080p.

· Registered
4,880 Posts
dvrblogger said:
the quote was:
Originally Posted by LameLefty
Since I can already do this with my Xbox360 (including 1080p, which the HR20 can't do) and my PCs throughout the house, why do I need to go buy an Intel Viiv-based computer?
Ah, but your post in which you said that quoted lguvenoz, not LameLefty. Technicalities ;)

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Jomanscool2 said:
Too bad I hate intel and their 183571374192 core processors.

I mean, they are working on quad core processors already!
Yeah! Damn them for making more powerful processors! :rolleyes:

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Yes, it would "high cost" for little return in your scenerio.
But say for someone like my mother, that hasn't purchase a new PC in 3 years. Fair price for a new system.

Everyone's situation is different.
Oh well, I was planning on getting a new machine for the Vista release anyways :lol:

· Registered
4,880 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
Again, to all of the "other" setups out there.

Great... you have a solution that you are happy with.
No one is saying you have to use this method... use what makes sense for your setup, your systems, your configurations, ect...

No one is going to "force" you to purchase a ViiV system... no one is going to "force" you to use this feature of the HR20.

But if in your setup... if this fits... then it is a feature to you.
Just like any other feature (OTA, "Dual Buffers", Active, ect...) may matter to you, may not... doesn't make it any less valuable to the next guy.

I have an XBOX360, that can connect to my Media Servers... however, my XBOX360 isn't on all the time... and I do have a ViiV PC... so having access to my MP3's via my wired network in my house, is one step closer to what I want...

So bottom line...
If you are not happy that you will need a ViiV complaint system...
Then add that to the column of reasons why YOU don't like the HR20.

But, doesn't change the fact that it (soon to be) is a feature of the HR20.
And just like any other feature, there are requirements for it...
Well said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.