DBSTalk Forum banner
2141 - 2160 of 2177 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Thanks for the alert. This really sucks. I was weighing whether to add Extra Innings and now I will wait.

Are the Dodgers 4K games available outside of LA for Extra Innings subscribers ?
Yes the dodgers games have been available in 4k for those outside of LA. I’m hoping tonight was just a glitch. We’ll find out tomorrow. If not, I’ll request a refund. You have until April 25 for refunds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks like there’s a replay of the game on channel 108. Not sure how long it’ll be on before Directv cuts of the feed. But this should be available for anyone even if you don’t have extra innings.

Never mind. It’s gone now. Did not look impressive in my opinion.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
Channel 108 is blacked out tonight for this Extra Innings subscriber in South Carolina. Hope this is just a glitch and that DIRECTV isn't only making the Red Sox 4K games available to those in the Red Sox viewing area. Anybody else out-of-market have access?
I am fairly certain that is how all of the 4K RSN’s were handled. You still had to be in market to get it

·
Registered
211 Posts
I am fairly certain that is how all of the 4K RSN’s were handled. You still had to be in market to get it
I’ve been able to watch Lakers, Nuggets, and Bulls games in 4k through NBA League Pass even though I’m in Dallas. And others have gotten Dodgers, Avalanche, & Blackhawk games in 4k out of market as well.

I saw on Twitter, that someone in the Boston market was also blacked out as well. So makes me wonder if anyone wasn’t blacked out.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
I’ve been able to watch Lakers, Nuggets, and Bulls games in 4k through NBA League Pass even though I’m in Dallas. And others have gotten Dodgers, Avalanche, & Blackhawk games in 4k out of market as well.

I saw on Twitter, that someone in the Boston market was also blacked out as well. So makes me wonder if anyone wasn’t blacked out.

Altitude is in market only.. Regardless of any sports packages Each RSN may have different deals

·
Registered
211 Posts
Altitude is in market only.. Regardless of any sports packages Each RSN may have different deals
How is it in market only? I live in the Dallas area and I have been able to watch almost all the Nuggets home games on Altitude in 4k through NBA League Pass.

The only exception is if the game is also being broadcasted nationally on NBATV, ESPN, or TNT. Then it’s blacked out.

·
Hall Of Fame
4,997 Posts
How is it in market only? I live in the Dallas area and I have been able to watch almost all the Nuggets home games on Altitude in 4k through NBA League Pass.

The only exception is if the game is also being broadcasted nationally on NBATV, ESPN, or TNT. Then it’s blacked out.

Maybe it was only NHL games they were blacking out then

·
Registered
211 Posts
We're going to find out soon enough. There is another NESN 4K game today at 1:30 PM ET.
Game is blacked out again today. Seems like an error. Probably will cancel Extra Innings until I find out that Red Sox games in 4k are not blacked out.

I watched some of the pregame and postgame from yesterday. Some of the shots in the studio and on the field do look very sharp and gave that 4k razor sharp wow factor. Colors looked great as well. There was a Jerry Remy ceremony before the game that looked great. The one issue I see is the main camera behind the pitcher doesn’t look that sharp. I saw on twitter that others with Verizon watching the game in 4k had the same complaint about the main camera.

·
Legend
622 Posts
Game is blacked out again today. Seems like an error. Probably will cancel Extra Innings until I find out that Red Sox games in 4k are not blacked out.

I watched some of the pregame and postgame from yesterday. Some of the shots in the studio and on the field do look very sharp and gave that 4k razor sharp wow factor. Colors looked great as well. There was a Jerry Remy ceremony before the game that looked great. The one issue I see is the main camera behind the pitcher doesn’t look that sharp. I saw on twitter that others with Verizon watching the game in 4k had the same complaint about the main camera.

The game getting blacked out again is pretty bad news. Wondering how we can get a definitive answer from NESN or DTV. Tech support is not much help, they just read the script on blackout rules.

Agree, I thought the pre-game and post-game shows had pretty good 4K PQ.... Can't watch the game so I can't see the main camera shots.

·
Legend
622 Posts
Philip Swann the TV Answer Man just posted an article about the NESN 4K blackouts. He spoke to the DirecTV PR department who told him that these games should NOT be blacked out for Extra Innings subscribers. And that they saw no tech problems at their end.

He suggested that subscribers reset their receivers to clear the 721 code or call tech support and ask them to send a refresh signal. We'll see if PR knows what they're talking about.

www.tvanswerman.com

·
Go Pack Go!!!!
2,614 Posts
Philip Swann the TV Answer Man just posted an article about the NESN 4K blackouts. He spoke to the DirecTV PR department who told him that these games should NOT be blacked out for Extra Innings subscribers. And that they saw no tech problems at their end.

He suggested that subscribers reset their receivers to clear the 721 code or call tech support and ask them to send a refresh signal. We'll see if PR knows what they're talking about.

www.tvanswerman.com
Or do a refresh/resend authorization. That might be a better try.

My devices (directv.com)

Reactions: longhorn23

·
Icon
695 Posts
OK a First if it happens today 8:40PM ET The Dodgers/Padres from PetCo Park in San Diego is listed in 4K on Channel 106. Assume Dodgers feed (equipment close enough to "travel" to San Diego) but we won't know for sure until closer to Game time. The more "real" 4K broadcasts on MLB the better "Fox Faux" 4K doesn't do as good a job as my TV does in upscaling most times.

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK a First if it happens today 8:40PM ET The Dodgers/Padres from PetCo Park in San Diego is listed in 4K on Channel 106. Assume Dodgers feed (equipment close enough to "travel" to San Diego) but we won't know for sure until closer to Game time. The more "real" 4K broadcasts on MLB the better "Fox Faux" 4K doesn't do as good a job as my TV does in upscaling most times.
I think dodgers/lakers 4k is fake upscaled 4k as well. Red Sox 4k seems to be native 4k from what I’ve seen in the pregame or post game and from what I’ve read.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks like it’s an MLB Network broadcast which is upscaled 4k. Last time the game looked okay. But the studio looked horrible.

2141 - 2160 of 2177 Posts