DBSTalk Forum banner
2161 - 2177 of 2177 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Great to know, thanks.... We're now waiting on the NESN 4K games to be authorized outside of Boston.
They finally fixed the blackout issue with NESN last week.

But unfortunately there’s something wrong with the picture quality for the Red Sox games. The pregame and post game show look amazing. But there is something wrong with some of the graphics (scorebug) and cameras in the actual broadcasts. It looks blurry and digitalized and pixelated and upscaled. But the same replays shown during pregame and the postgame show look great. Even the text on the scorebug on the top left looks blurry and pixelated. But immediately after the last out, it’s like NESN flips a post game show switch and everything looks normal and crisp including the score bug on the top left corner. So it’s something they’re doing that’s causing it to look bad. I’ve seen other uses complain about the same picture quality issue on twitter. One Verizon fios user said everything looked great for the first game and since then they messed something up.

Some of the nba TV games have had this same issue and a few of the espn college football and basketball games at times as well.

A few years ago ESPN had the college football national championship in 4k with the game split into three screens with one screen having the game and two other screens having announcers talking on each sideline. It also caused this same issue with picture quality.

Also during some of the espn college basketball games, you would see this same issue with picture quality any time they did a split screen when interviewing a coach. The picture quality would go back to super sharp 4k once they went back to full screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
OK, good to hear that NESN 4K has been fixed outside Boston, thanks !

The bad 4K picture quality would seem to be a deterrent in getting Extra Innings now. I want to add it but not if the Red Sox games look that bad.
I’m hoping they fix the issue. NESN 4k has the potential to look amazing but they are just messing it up somehow. Check out the pregame and post game show on 105 or 106 when the Red Sod play at home next if you have access to the sports package. You’ll see the amazing 4k picture quality that they have. They are just messing it up during the actual games. Hopefully they get it fixed during the next home stretch.

·
Legend
622 Posts
I’m hoping they fix the issue. NESN 4k has the potential to look amazing but they are just messing it up somehow. Check out the pregame and post game show on 105 or 106 when the Red Sod play at home next if you have access to the sports package. You’ll see the amazing 4k picture quality that they have. They are just messing it up during the actual games. Hopefully they get it fixed during the next home stretch.

Yes, I've seen the NESN pre-game and post-game shows on 105/ 106 and the 4K looks great. Never thought that the games would look different.

If the games get fixed please advise here, I'm trying to decide whether to add Extra Innings. Thanks !

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
4K Baseball every night !!! Thank you DirecTV !!!

Reactions: BigRedFan

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
m trying to decide whether to add Extra Inni
yes NESN 4K fixed now , was able to watch LAA @ BOS last week in NESN 4K (in VA)

also we get White Sox 4K too !!

MLB Network 4k, Home Feeds in 4K from Red Sox, White Sox, and LA Dodgers !! so much 4K MLB !!

Reactions: BigRedFan

·
Registered
211 Posts
yes NESN 4K fixed now , was able to watch LAA @ BOS last week in NESN 4K (in VA)

also we get White Sox 4K too !!

MLB Network 4k, Home Feeds in 4K from Red Sox, White Sox, and LA Dodgers !! so much 4K MLB !!
Directv fixed the blackout issue. But the picture quality was terrible. On twitter, fios users said the same thing about them messing up the picture quality. Hopefully it’s fixed by next week.

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
I only saw a few min of the game Ohtani was pitching PQ looked fine to me .

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Icon
3,280 Posts
yes soo much MLB 4K !

2161 - 2177 of 2177 Posts