3,690 Posts
College football sky came tonight in 4k
.also sports mix will be college football championship mix ch

· Icon
3,690 Posts

· Premium Member
4,079 Posts
Looks like Gemini is public now

*eligible customers must currently have Genie 2 and Genie Mini hardware. Offer ends 01/31/23. Existing eligible residential customers only. Requires High speed internet connection. 12-Month equipment lease required.
Only available if you have the HS17 and have 2 or more active Genie Minis plus you get a 12 month contract.

· Icon
3,690 Posts
Yea not sure i want a 12 mo contract.. I mean I'm not going anywhere but don't like contract s

But back to 4k , I think I made a separate gemini thread under hardware section

· Icon
3,690 Posts
Noticed there are a few upcoming NESN 4K events not in the DirecTV guide but showing up on other providers. the events are - Boston Bruins games on 1/12, nor 1/14

Attachments

· Icon
3,690 Posts
Anyone have any info why those NESN games are missing ? Not a good look for the 4k leader

· Registered
24,395 Posts
Tonight, it's allowing me to watch the NHL game on 107 in 4K (Arizona-Chicago) but not the NBA games in 4K on 105 (Atlanta-Lakers) and 106 (Cleveland-Denver). Just a glitch?
What market are you in? These games on those channels are only available to the people who get the RSN that’s showing the games, and it’s generally the home team. So the Denver game is only available to people in Denver’s market. Lakers only to. Los Angeles market.

Not sure if they open them for nba league pass or not.

· Registered
24,395 Posts
Funny that the DIRECTV 4K Satellite channels appear in the streaming guide the app provides,
Download the app and take a look at the guide.
104,105,106 are listed but cannot be viewed without a DirecTV box of some sort.
So I marched upstairs and loaded the app to a firestick 4K.
There is a hardwired C61 K mini from my Genie 2 directly in order to see DTV 4 K channels including on demand from them.
Cannot stream these channels to any other location with out hardwiring a Mini Genie that kills the entire process.
Here's the **** and nobody really knows- the new Gemini Box that is becoming available will be able to stream 4K wirelessly no hardwiring from the Genie 2 server?
I've tried for weeks to get my hands on one but no go.
DTV streaming box will load apps that offer 4K streaming so why not stream their own 4K programming on their own device.?
Again the 104,105, and 106 do appear in the streaming guide from DTV Streaming.
Makes no damn sense to me to have these stations appear in the streaming guide if not available to us.
This will be the dealbreaker for me to go to DTV streaming from Satellite if these are not available.
28 year customer really trying to stay but hell, does anyone work there that knows anything about their product??
Long comment so sorry.
DIRECTV delivers ALL 4K content via satelites. Even the on demand stuff. None of it comes via internet real time unless something has changed. That I believe is why they do not offer it to their streaming platform. I don’t know if any streamer offering 4K. (DIRECTV type streamer not HBO type etc.

· Icon
3,690 Posts
The post above was during. NHL CI free preview week . Thats why user and I were able to watch NHL in 4K during those days

· Icon
3,690 Posts
During free preview weeks they allow the 4K feeds but blackout rules still apply .

· Icon
3,690 Posts
There is an NBA LP free preview till the 16th
So users should be able to view 4k games

(Blackout rules apply )

· Icon
3,690 Posts
anyone know what happen to the Bruins/NESN 4K games?

· Registered
6 Posts
Question - anyone with mini Genie C61 4K wireless able to view DTV 104-108 4K with no hardwired?
I have never been able to view these stations except on hardwired from the Genie 2 server.
I can view 4K programming on the 4K mini genie's outside of the DTV channels.
Why can we not get these?

· Icon
3,690 Posts
still not seeing Bruins games in the guide ... did they loose the agreement with NESN ?

2201 - 2220 of 2224 Posts