DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DirecTV's rollout of local TV packages continues, with the company announcing Wednesday that it plans to offer local stations to its customers in the Grand Rapids, Mich., area.

Grand Rapids will get the local TV service from DirecTV in mid-July. Nine local channels, including affiliates with the major broadcast networks, a PBS affiliate and an independent station, serve the market.

With the addition of Grand Rapids, DirecTV will have local channels in 47 markets by mid-year.

DirecTV, which offers local channels in 43 metropolitan markets, announced earlier this year that it would also begin offering local channels in Providence, R.I., Buffalo, and Oklahoma City. The company plans to offer local channels in 51 markets by year-end.

From SkyReport (Used with Permission)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I guess for the time being that DirecTV customers will be getting 2 more locals than Dish Network customers would who subscribe to Grand Rapids locals. Sooner or later, I'm sure they will announce Albuquerque, New Orleans, and / or Louisville.

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
As a current Directv subscriber in GrandRapids with an 18" dish and 2 receivers, neither of which are plus receivers. What is my best bet for getting the locals in mid July. Will directv offer anything for existing customers as an incentive to purchase new equipment, or is there any other direction I should look, for the best deal on the stuff I need to get my locals.

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
Joseph :hi: Welcome to DBStalk.COM

Call DirecTV and ask them, they will usually give you a deal on stuff. If that dont work ask for the retention department and tell them what you said above. They WILL take care of you!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
I know that DirecTV has ADDED Las Vegas and Hartford. They've announced Buffalo, Oklahoma City, Providence, and Grand Rapids. I would NOT be surprised at ALL if the final 4 cities were New Orleans, Louisville, Albuquerque, and Norfolk (or Jacksonville).

·
Legend
103 Posts
Does anyone know when the Buffalo, NY locals will become available? The latest I heard was mid-year. Has this changed?

Thanks

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
You are correct. Mid-July is when they are supposed to be up, but I think it might be closer to late June.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jim, I think somewhere around the end of June, Beginning of July.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,117 Posts
Is there an echo in here? Just kidding with ya Mr. Mehs. lol. When you get a press release saying what the last 4 markets are, please post. :)

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
LOL :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.