DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK so after dealing with directv for 3 weeks and dealing with my issue on not dealing the fleese deal because I want to start and stop service with no contracts and no ETFS because it's a summer house. yes it makes no sense to buy the receivers because there outdated in 2 years i'll agree to that. but theres very few of us that like to start and stop service with no conctracts. I finaly got someone that sent me to the access card dep. they told me that they would start my stationary service with no problems :). but I have to but another access card for 20 bucks no problem with that

ok so I bought a genie dvr and a geni mini and the slimline dish
my question is do I need any other parts the installer will be providing the RG 6 cable

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
ground_pounder said:
OK so after dealing with directv for 3 weeks and dealing with my issue on not dealing the fleese deal because I want to start and stop service with no contracts and no ETFS because it's a summer house. yes it makes no sense to buy the receivers because there outdated in 2 years i'll agree to that. but theres very few of us that like to start and stop service with no conctracts. I finaly got someone that sent me to the access card dep. they told me that they would start my stationary service with no problems :). but I have to but another access card for 20 bucks no problem with that

my question is do I need any other parts the installer will be providing the RG 6 cable
ground_pounder said:
i'll be using a directv installer my friend is an installer for dtv. but he will do the install in his off time. i'm wondering what the swm switch is for also
I see future problems with this install.

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
trh said:
I see future problems with this install.
I see a "hidden" contract" somewhere...

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
I am not aware of any minis that are outright owned

· Genius.
19,830 Posts
ground_pounder said:
and something else I have read is none of the genies are owned but you see em on amazon
Correct! They are no different then the ones on Solidsignal.com

Reactions: ground_pounder

· This Space for Sale
7,436 Posts
ground_pounder said:
ground_pounder said:
ok i'll have to look into that but I wasn't planning on getting a mini. and something else I have read is none of the genies are owned but you see em on amazon
I thought you already had the mini?

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
trh said:
I thought you already had the mini?
I had the mini as well but after getting the receiver today and calling dtv running the numbers they said they could not activate the receiver because it was in collections!! so I packed it all up and it's going back to amazon tomorrow :bang . I went with dish instead after being a dtv customer since 1996. thank gog my equipment is all owned and I don't have no ETF

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dpeters11 said:
I think you'd have the same issue with Dish if the receiver was leased, particularly not in good standin
I called dish and got the sales dept and bought my hopper system outright. so I have no worries the sales rep said it would be new and never used wich is good. even he was honest and told me not to waste my time on sites like e bay or amazon cause you'll never know what you'll get. they will be installing this sunday :hurah: I can't wait. as far as dtv goes they lost a loyal customer of almost 20 years. another thing with dtv is there customer service lacks it took me three weeks to get to the fuggin access card dept :bang . that's sad. one more thing about dtv is it seems that they treat there new customers better than the loyal customers who have been with them for a long time!!

· Banned
5,343 Posts
I have an owned c31. I bought it from someone in this very site.

· Hall Of Fame
16,178 Posts
ground_pounder said:
I called dish and got the sales dept and bought my hopper system outright. so I have no worries the sales rep said it would be new and never used wich is good. even he was honest and told me not to waste my time on sites like e bay or amazon cause you'll never know what you'll get. they will be installing this sunday :hurah: I can't wait. as far as dtv goes they lost a loyal customer of almost 20 years. another thing with dtv is there customer service lacks it took me three weeks to get to the fuggin access card dept :bang . that's sad. one more thing about dtv is it seems that they treat there new customers better than the loyal customers who have been with them for a long time!!
Oh sure, you can buy directly from them. My point was just that if you were leaving DirecTV because they wouldn't activate a previously owned box that was in collections, I think Dish would be the same way.

And Dish can do the same thing regarding new vs current customers. That's why some switch between them every two years, to get new customer deals.

· Banned
5,343 Posts
Directv will tell you what you need to know.

· Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
dpeters11 said:
Owned c31 on this site I see, I would be extremely skeptical of one being sold on eBay or other sites as owned.
a box is not considered owned unless the termination fee is paid for it wich is understandable and only fair!!. the rep that called today told me id'e be better off looking for used business equipment sense dtv forces a business to buy and not lease receivers!! and the rep also told me that NO matter what dealer I buy a receiver from there not able to sell em there only able to lease them weather there local or online. that came from the reps mouth

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.