DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my HR20 for a couple of weeks, and within the past week, I have started getting the "searching for signal in sat (1 or 2) 771" error. I have checked the signal strength, and it is always 95% or better. I have tried resets, and the error only returns. I have narrowed the problem down to Discovery HD. The problem does not occur on any other channel, but if I try to tune to Discovery HD, I get the error. I removed the B Band Converters, and Discovery HD came back, but I had to put the converters back since the Reno stations are supposed to be launching soon in HD, and I want those more than I want Discovery HD.

Does anyone know what is going on with Discovery HD Theater?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
What are your signal strengths for SAT 119

·
Icon
545 Posts
islesfan44 said:
I have had my HR20 for a couple of weeks, and within the past week, I have started getting the "searching for signal in sat (1 or 2) 771" error. I have checked the signal strength, and it is always 95% or better. I have tried resets, and the error only returns. I have narrowed the problem down to Discovery HD. The problem does not occur on any other channel, but if I try to tune to Discovery HD, I get the error. I removed the B Band Converters, and Discovery HD came back, but I had to put the converters back since the Reno stations are supposed to be launching soon in HD, and I want those more than I want Discovery HD.

You do not need the "BBC's" for your locals! Call D* have them send you replacement "BBC's"!
You will not need them until sometime next year!

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
islesfan44 said:

DSHD Theater comes in fine here with my BBCs in place. Sounds like you have a bad one, it's not intrinsic to the BBCs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.