DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the HR20 does not really Power off when you hit the power button and only shuts down the lights and Audio/Video outputs. However, I'm interested in doing this for the purpose of stopping any currently playing recorded material and having the lights go off... basically to put the unit in a standard mode for the next power on.
To do this, I would like to have my MX-500 learn the discrete On/Off power codes for HR20 and incorporate them to the system-wide power buttons of the MX-500.

It seems that the HR20 remote sends these discrete codes when you code for a TV. So I've tried clearing the TV code on HR20 remote in an attempt to isolate the discrete codes for HR20 for the separate On and Off buttons on the remote. But doing this causes the remote to trigger a screen that prompts for programming the remote for a TV. Are there any TV or AV codes that I can use to get the remote to send only the discrete codes for the DVR?

I also have a JP1 setup if anyone has access to a Keymap Master file for the HR20 remote.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.