DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My setup for me to get satellite 129 is to use a Dish 500 with a single LNB. I have a Dish 1000.2 antenna with the 129 LNB covered and using it for 110, 119. I have no problem with signal with the 1000.2, but the Dish 500 only pulls a signal between 57 and 64. I have an extra Dish 1000.2 with all the hardware /parts, plus the three LNB(s). What I would like to do and if it would benefit me to install the 1000.2 and use a single LNB. Can that be done, and would my signal increase? I might have to modify the LNB arm so it would except the single LNB. Has anyone install such as I suggested?

· Legend
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dave, it has some dropouts when it rains...and it doesn't take a very hard rain to create the dropouts. I was looking at increasing the signal strength to prevent such, and felt like a larger dish would be the proper thing to do.
My LOS is good, so that isn't the problem.

· Icon
917 Posts
I'd love to have numbers like that. Dish techs installed a new dish at a higher location than the original Dish 1000 this winter. Signal still barely makes it to 50 on a clear day. Not even that on some transponders. 129 is just a poor location for some parts of the country.

· Legend
221 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.