DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bougt a 211 receiver, here in Montana we have a secondary dish that points to 148 for local channels, as I understand it, I need to put up a 1000 to point at 129, 110, 119, but I still want my locals, so I will leave the secondary dish pointing at 148. If I am correct the dish 1000 has a dish pro plus lnb, pointing to 119, 110, and a singl lnb pointing at 129, which is connected to the input on the pro plus, which leaves no input for the dish pointing at 148. Please correct me if I am wrong but would I not need a 44 switch to accomplish pointing at 4 sattelites, and running 2 receivers???

This is getting very expensive, not to mention that I will have to re -run cables to the 44 switch, that has to be powered.

Any other ideas??????

· Legend
155 Posts
Montanacwt,

Call dish. I believe they should install the Dish 1000 and include the DPP-44 and connect your secondary dish as part of the standard installation. I remember when some of the local channels in Seattle were on the 148, when I selected those stations, I'd receive a message saying to call dish for free installation of an extra dish. I would like to hope that if you need a DPP-44 to pick up the 4 satellites for your standard, local and HD channels, Dish would provide it.

If you already have the Dish 1000 installed, it may be a harder sell to the CSR, but you may try CSR Roulette until you find one who is willing to do it.

An e-mail to [email protected] may also help.

Miner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.