DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just starting to get into the DISH HD arena. I've just bought a new Hitachi HDTV and am really enjoying the OTA HD channels. My next step is to upgrade my outside DISH to the 1000 and to get the 622 receiver. My question is concerning what has to change between my current setup and the setup with the 622 & DISH 1000. My current setup is this: DISH 500 / DP PROD QUAD - direct feeds to my 3 receivers. I have 2 508 DVR's and a 311. When I upgrade to the 622, I plan to keep the two 508 receivers and drop the 311. I'm still getting my hands around the 1000 DISH upgrade, but would love feedback on what the installation should look like inorder to support the 622 and the 2 508 receivers. Would the DISH $199 upgrade cover all the upgrade cost - switches if necessary, etc? Thanks.http://www.dbstalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif
:)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,295 Posts
Short answer is "Yes, the $199 (along with an 18 month committment) upgrade covers all infrastructure necessary to connect your 622 and existing receivers".

Your new setup should be a Dish 1000 feeding a DPP-44 switch. Each switch output feeds one receiver. The dual-tuner receivers (in your case, the 622) will get a DP Separator to split the coax at the receiver.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,295 Posts
ccapps3428 said:
So, since the DP44 switch is involved with this upgrade - will there be just two RG6 runs from the DISH 1000 to the switch and then 3 RG6 runs from the 'switch'?
No. All the LNB outputs must go directly to the DPP-44. You can't use the internal switch on the DPP Twin if it connects to an external switch. You'll probably have your switch setup like this:

Input 1: 119 LNB
Input 2: 110 LNB
Input 3: 129 LNB
Input 4: cap

Output 1: 622
Output 2: 508 #1
Output 3: 508 #2
Output 4: cap

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
If you're in the Raleigh market, you should be getting a Dish 1000+ for HD locals. The 4th input of the DPP44 (there is no DP44) will be filled with the 118.75 output of the dual-band LNB.

·
Mentor
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea, I had thought about that, but since all the locals aren't available yet - I was going to stick with OTA. I haven't completely decided yet, but a good point would be having DISH do all the work at one time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.