DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Hall Of Fame/Supporter
1,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a Dish 311 used. It has no card in it currently -- just the internal card. Will I need to get a card (purple?) from Dish to make this work? Or did they make 311s that currently still work with their internal card?

If I do need a new card from Dish, are these usually provided free of charge if I'm activating the receiver on my account? Or is there a fee?

Thanks!

- John...

910 Posts
John,

For starters, ask for the receiver number for this 311 and contact us to check to make sure the receiver is capable of being added to your account. If the receiver shows leased or has a balance on the previous account, you can not add it to your account.

If you need a current smart card, there is a $50 charge for the card. Please let me know if I can assist your further. Thanks.

jgoggan said:
I am considering buying a Dish 311 used. It has no card in it currently -- just the internal card. Will I need to get a card (purple?) from Dish to make this work? Or did they make 311s that currently still work with their internal card?

If I do need a new card from Dish, are these usually provided free of charge if I'm activating the receiver on my account? Or is there a fee?

Thanks!

- John...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.