DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Dish 500 system that was installed in 2003. The installers took the two outputs from the antenna, fed them into a Dish SW21 switch and then ran a single line into the house. I want to purchase a Dish 322 receiver and have been reading the installation manuals. It looks as though the Dish 322 requires dual inputs from the Dish 500 antenna. I was wondering if there was some way to separate the single line into two inputs at the receiver. I called Dish twice and got two different responses. First one said it could not be done and the second said yes using a Dish Pro Plus Separator. Questioning which response was right, I read additional info on the separator and it looks as though it can only be used with a Dish Pro Plus antenna. Can anyone tell if a Dish 500 antenna can feed a Dish 322 receiver using a single feed into the house?

· Icon
546 Posts
If you want to use your existing LNB outside on the dish, you'll need an additional 21 switch and an additional line to the rcvr.. Don't forget the additional line out from the TV2 output to the second TV location. That could always be diplexed to the 2nd TV. If you want to use your existing line for the 322, you'll need to change the LNB outside to a DishPro Plus LNB. Coupled with the separator inside at the 322 rcvr, it allows signals for both tuner inputs to use the same cable. Separators won't work with your existing LNB's, which are probably two Legacy dual LNB's. :eek2:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.