DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like the less rain fade.

Are there any 30" reflector assemblies that will work with the Dish 500 LNB combo? I haven't seen any antennas with a skew plate. Or, install two relectors with single LNB's? Which LNB to use as a single?

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
blooker68 said:

Are there any 30" reflector assemblies that will work with the Dish 500 LNB combo? I haven't seen any antennas with a skew plate. Or, install two relectors with single LNB's? Which LNB to use as a single?
The FOCAL POINT or the distance between the face of the dish and the front of the LNB is designed for a 20" dish. it will not function correctly on a larger dish and as far as I know nobody has designed a DISH 500 system larger than the 20" that DISH offers.:)

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,619 Posts
You'll either need to fabricate a dish (pretty hairy) or use two separate dishes.

The third option is to make sure your dish is precisely pointed and hope for the best.

· Hall Of Fame
4,010 Posts
The 30 inch dish has a single focal point, but you need two focii for your Dish 500lnb. Multiple lnb dishes have different focal lengths in the vertical and hroizonal axis. putting two lnb's on a single focus lnb dish will probably get you worse signal, not better.

· Godfather
253 Posts
Three DP duals and a DP34sw However keep in mind if you ever upgrade to a DP+ dual tuner you will need to run a line to each tuner from the 34sw. A DP34 switch doesn't support the band stacking technology used on DP+ that allows one cable (with a separator) to be run to the receiver to run both tuners. If you don't know your 211 is only a single tuner, and won't be affected by what I'm talking about. It was just for a heads up. Also if you can find three 105* Super Dish dishes with the 129* repoint kits on them they make for killer triple dish setups. I have one on my 129* and pull a 73 on the modded sig meter.

· AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I now use an old Dish 1000 with nothing in the 129 position and a Dish 500 with a single LNB looking at 61.5. The jumper normally used in the Dish 1000 install is used to connect the LNB on the 61.5 to the 110 LNB on the 1000 antenna. It's sounds confusing, but it works, thanks to the folks on this forum. The 129 reception was terrible. The 61.5 bird is better, but two transponders (13/16) still aren't viewable when it rains to any extent.

I'll be on the lookout for SuperDish with repoint kit.

4 Posts
blooker68 said:

My son took a Fortec Star FC90CM dish from Sadoun and mounted his Dish network LNB assembly to the Fortec dish arm with a couple of shims and has NO rain fade in a year. You will have to tilt the dish, since there is no skew adjustment on the Fortec dish, to match the skew you currently have with your Dish 500. He mounted his 36" Fortec dish on the eave of his house, so matching the Dish 500 skew was no problem. I doubt a pole mount would work as there would be no way to set the LNB skew except to bend the pole! Since the Fortec 36" dish is less than $100, this makes rain fade elimination affordable! Good luck!

· AllStar
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Larry Allen said:
My son took a Fortec Star FC90CM dish from Sadoun and mounted his Dish network LNB assembly to the Fortec dish arm with a couple of shims and has NO rain fade in a year. You will have to tilt the dish, since there is no skew adjustment on the Fortec dish, to match the skew you currently have with your Dish 500. He mounted his 36" Fortec dish on the eave of his house, so matching the Dish 500 skew was no problem. I doubt a pole mount would work as there would be no way to set the LNB skew except to bend the pole! Since the Fortec 36" dish is less than $100, this makes rain fade elimination affordable! Good luck!
Great info! Thanks

· Mr. FixAnything
28,024 Posts
"Dish network LNB assembly" - what is that ? Self made two separate LNBFs with own holders ? Adjustable to find better signal for each independently ?
Then yes, it works - did that a few times with 1m[39"] dishes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.