DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my 921 with a 622 with the Gold programming package. I have a Dish 500 for 110/119 and a second dish for 61.5. I was expecting that they would need to upgrade the dish, but they just replaced the receiver. The 622 appears to be receiving everything as it should... but, am I missing something?

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Since you already had a dual tuner receiver (921) then there was no requirement to do anything but a direct swap of the receiver to get a 622 working.

Most of the National HD on 61.5 and 129 is the same. A few markets have their locals on only one satellite, so that might affect you if your HD locals are put on something other than 61.5 for instance... but otherwise you should be good to go.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,105 Posts
Sure enough. That's what I had until my HD locals went up on 118. Only then did they have to put the 1000+ dish up.

My single dish aimed at 61.5 is still up there, and the feed is hanging unconnected right next to the DPP44 switch. At the time the 1000+ was put up, I didn't know how well 129 would do on it, so I had the installer leave the second dish in case I needed to switch back to 61.5.

Sigh...always 2nd :lol:

·
Icon
687 Posts
kdg454 said:
Sure enough. That's what I had until my HD locals went up on 118. Only then did they have to put the 1000+ dish up.

My single dish aimed at 61.5 is still up there, and the feed is hanging unconnected right next to the DPP44 switch. At the time the 1000+ was put up, I didn't know how well 129 would do on it, so I had the installer leave the second dish in case I needed to switch back to 61.5.

Sigh...always 2nd :lol:
If 129 gives you trouble just disconnect it from the DPP44 and connect the 61.5 back to that port.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.