Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dish 510 DVR

If I discontinue Dish Network service, will I still be able to watch stored programs on the DVR? I'm guessing the DVR will try and find a satellite. My concern is whether that will be an endless effort or can I interrupt/stop the satellite search by pressing the DVR button, and get to the Menu's.

Thanks!

·
Cool Member
13 Posts
Yes, you can still watch the programs already stored on your DVR. To see what will happen, just disconnect the satelite input cable now. It will constantly search for satellites, but you can still press the DVR button at any time to go to the directory of stored events, and watch them.

·
Legend
127 Posts
Yes, there is no problem with this. When we upgraded to our 622, we still had our 522 hooked up for a week to the TV, but not to the sat inputs. We watched all the stuff that we had left over, and then put it in the box to send back.

When we went to the TV input that had the 522 plugged into it, it would have the Searching for Satellite screen on all the time, and you just had to hit the DVR button to see all your recordings. It worked fine.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.