DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new 625 last night and have a question. I currently have a 501 installed with a single channel modulator attached to transit the signal to all the tvs in my house. I also have a BUD that I use for MPEG2 video that is transmited to all rooms of my house on channel 4. In order to transmit the 625 to all rooms too, I've ordered a two channel modulator to take the place of my single one.

With the built in modulator within the 625, should I expect problems? I'm assuming the two-channel modulator will just override the one built into the 625. Has anybody tried this?

·
Hall Of Fame
7,478 Posts
IF you are replacing the 501 with the 625, you really didn't need the 2 channel modulator - the 625 comes with a stereo UHF modulator for TV 2 already.

If you are using both channels on your new modulator, just don't hook up the TV2 RF output and you should be fine. Otehrwise , just make sure everything has 3-5 channels of space between NTSC sources.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My two channel modulator arrived yesterday and is working great. I now have my BUD through one channel, my 501 through another, and my 625 TV2 through yet another. TV1 of my 625 is setup through my big screen.

My wife is very happy, so I am too. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.