DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today Dish did a lot of juggling of channels. Channel 401 and 222 moved to 110 from 119 and channel 402 and 219 were set up as "mirrors" on the old satellite location (119) with the message to upgrade to a Dish 500.

Channel 223 (Men's moved to 221) iShop is AWOL right now and Gem moved from 217 to 229.

Now here is the surprise. (I hope):
Channel 223 is labeled as the Value Channel. At first I thought it was the latest addition to the "America's Top 10 Shopping Channels Package" (you know, where you get everything for free, but you are FORCED to watch --©cincyfrank). But anyway, I was surprused to learn by Jeff F that this channel in reality is The Vision Channel. Looking at the web site, the program schedule is filled with entertainment programming, music video shows and some paid programming. When I first saw the channel it was showing music videos and had commercials. At 8:30 though, the music video show scheduled did not appear. Instead paid programming for a vacuum cleaner popped up. Again at 9:00 pm paid programming. but at the top of the hour it identified itself as "The Vision Channel"

Looks like the channel may not have been able to make a go of it as a standard commercial supported channel and pulled an "America's Voice" becoming mostly a paid programming channel with some vestiges of the old programming.

See ya
Tony

·
DBSTalk E* Spot Beam Guru
443 Posts
Tony, IShop is still on ch.690 on 61.5 BTW I called for my free upgrade today. I wonder how many 300 hold outs will take the upgrade.

The Vision Channel has a few hours of Classic TV on their website schedule I wouldn't mind watching, especially the 5pm-7pm block.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bryan,

The iShop on 690 is also showing GEM shopping channel right now.

See ya
Tony

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, at 3am I happened by the channel to find "Love that Bob" (the bob cummings show). I didn't realize this is was a spin-off (or at least a sister show) to "Burns and Allen" This show had a 5 minute appearance by George Burns in character.

At 3:30am I was expecting an infomercial, but NO..."You Bet Your Life" was on.

Both programs were commercial supported...boy were they hacked up to fit the commercials. But still it was nice to see som 1950's TV. The prints were pretty good too.

Okay..it's 4 AM...lets see what comes on now....

Vision Cinema! A movie! Hey...We're going to have to get on Charlie to get the EPG going on this channel! I guess I need to add this comment to the "Charlie Chat thread"

The movie is... Laurel and Hardy in "Flying Dueces"! DAMN! Haven't see this one in ages. The print looks and sounds crean, though the ultra compression on the channel makes the picture look out of focus.

See ya
Tony
---
At 5:30 AM Dobie Gillis
At 6:00 AM Love That Bob (different episode)
At 6:30 AM Cartoon Junction (Cartoon Shorts)

·
Hall Of Fame
7,802 Posts
The incident where the Turner South showed up was corrected shortly after an Email to [email protected] It was a backhaul problem. There are 2 channels on the Vision Channel Digicipher II mux on Telstar 7 C band Tp 16. Maybe they had the wrong one?

The Vision Channel was analog clear on C band until about 2 months ago. I noticed they are still using the same logo on the programs on channel 223.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's sleep? :)

BTW At 7am they had 3D Music which featured some great music videos I've not seen elsewhere.

See ya
Tony

G

·
Everytime I put them on their are stupid infomercials on. We got MEN's and Beaty and Fashion which shows nothing but infomercials all day, who needs another station that shows them all the time. Just put VVT on now and infomercials.

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Channel 223 (Men's moved to 221) iShop is AWOL right now and Gem moved from 217 to 229.
Okay, I think I'm missing something here, ch 229, is still showing IShop and Gems is gone for me . Also 221 (Mens) is now in red on the EPG.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Men's channel is a part time channel...the other part of the time it's still a BTV channel and not available to residencial subs.

iShop is still on channel 229, but GEMS Shopping Network which was a part time channel at 217 is now on 229. So iShop at 229 is essentially what GEMS at 217 was.

Direct Shopping Network which had 6 hour blocks on iShop is now on channel 221 "Men's".

Confused? You won't be after this episode of "Soap". Ta tadat...tada, tadadada....

Tony...right now at 12:15am Saturday Morning an old movie "Smashup:Secret of a Woman" is playing. Just before the show "Raceline" was on. They were talking NASCAR and not selling anything.

Anyway, the channel 223 seems to be buying its way onto Dish. It's a remap of channel 9611

For the record...
channel 221 is a remap of channel 9612
channel 225 is a remap of channel 9602
channel 227 is a remap of channel 9601
channel 229 is a remap of another BTV channel I'm willing to bet.

And BTW, Dish renamed channel 223 from Value TV to Vision TV today.

See ya
Tony

·
Banned
11,498 Posts

·
AllStar
62 Posts
Originally posted by TNGTony
What's sleep? :)

BTW At 7am they had 3D Music which featured some great music videos I've not seen elsewhere.

See ya
Tony
The good programs must be on late at night. All I saw from 6PM to 1AM PST were infomercials. Not my cup of tea. Charlie must have put it on to help pay the bills.:lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
At 4:30pm sunday there is a James Cagney ww2 movie on channel 223. "Blood on the Sun". Earlier today, they had some outdoor shows on (Hunting, fishing, killing and maming).

This is really a decent channel when it isn't showing paid programming! I've left in on my Dishplayer channels. It's the only one from the block that I let stay on the guide!

See ya
Tony

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
I wonder if/when E* will add program info for 223 in the EPG

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.