DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 652 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am surprised I didn't see a thread about this. Anyway, in the Retailer Chat yesterday, Dish announced what is now its annual price changes on many packages. The rate changes range from a $2.99 reduction to a $10 increase

From http://ekb.dbstalk.com/rateincrease2007.htm

BASIC PACKAGES
Dish Family No Change
America's Top 60 renamed >> America's Top 100 -- No Change
America's Top 60 Plus renamed >> America's Top 100 Plus -- No Change
America's Top 120 renamed >> America's Top 200 $3 increase
America's Top 180 renamed >> America's Top 250 $3 increase
America's Everything Pack -This package includes the DVR service fee. $5 increase

The new AT100 and AT100+ will contain the 32 Muzak audio channels available on AT120 now

Dish Latino No Change
Dish Latino Plus No Change
Dish Latino Dos $2 increase
Dish Latino Max $2 increase
Dish Latino Everything (Package no longer available to new subscribers) $5 increase
Basic Package + Any 2 Premium Packages - Discontinued. $2.00 increase

Great Wall Package No Change

High Definition Packages

HD Pack Package No Change
($20 with any basic package or $29.99 stand alone
(stand alone HD Pack not available to Lease Subscribers or Subscribers under contract. There is a $6 HD Enabling Fee added to this Price)

HD Bronze Discontinued - New AT100+HD Pack -- No Change
HD Silver Discontinued - New AT200+HD Pack -- $3 Increase
HD Gold Discontinued - New AT250+ HD Pack -- $3 Increase
HD Platinum Discontinued. - New AEP + HD Pack -- $10 Increase!!!!!

Premium Packages

HBO The Works No Change
Showtime Unlimited $1 Increase
Cinemax (Multi-Max) $1 Increase
Starz $1 Increase
Playboy No Change

Any 2 Premium Packages Or 1 premium package & Playboy -- $0.99 Decrease
Any 3 Premium Packages Or 2 premium packages & Playboy -- $0.01 Increase
Any 4 Premium Packages Or 3 premium package & Playboy -- $2.01 Increase
All 4 Premium Packages + Playboy -- $2.99 Decrease

History of Dish Network's Price Increases HERE

See ya
Tony

·
Godfather
299 Posts
HD Pack Package No Change
($20 with any basic package or $29.99 stand alone
(stand alone HD Pack not available to Lease Subscribers or Subscribers under contract. There is a $6 HD Enabling Fee added to this Price)
Criminy... +$26 to get a few HD channels added to the Top 100? I guess I'll never be seeing dish's HD offerings. It's just too much for too little.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
koralis, the HD enabling fee is only added of you are NOT adding the HD pack to a basic package.

·
Hall Of Fame
3,099 Posts
Yep no more Plat pack for me. It looks like I will pass on the Extra 7.00 increase , since I can't escape the 3.00 part of the price increase,and downgrade to top 180/250 + hd, or possibly the top 200 + hd . I won't escape the dvr fees but I will escape some of the price increase. I will also give all my movie money to either Blockbuster or NEtflix since Dish wants to be the New "Cable pig".

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HD Platinum is now $99.99 (+ Locals $104.99)

AEP is now $84.99 (Locals $94.99) it is going to be $89.99 ($5 increase)

The HD Pack is $20.00

Soooo.

AEP+HD Pack will be $109.99 (+Locals $114.99)

Mr. professor tells me that this is a 10% increase :)

See ya
Tony

·
Godfather
484 Posts
Wow, this is wonderful and exciting news!

But what are the 40 channels being added to Top 60, the 80 channels being added to Top 120, and the 70 channels are being added to Top 180?

;)

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
TNGTony said:
HD Platinum is now $99.99 (+ Locals $104.99)

AEP is now $84.99 (Locals $94.99) it is going to be $89.99 ($5 increase)

The HD Pack is $20.00

Soooo.

AEP+HD Pack will be $109.99 (+Locals $114.99)

Mr. professor tells me that this is a 10% increase :)

See ya
Tony
I wonder if Style & Hallmark Channel will be in AT 200? Hope so!

·
Hall Of Fame
1,804 Posts
They need to add some things to the Top 120 (or 200 whatever now) to justify raising it $3.00. E* is just as bad as cable now on price increases--maybe worse....I think the local cable here went up $1.00-2.00 on the basic package. But cable at least does move some of the channels on the digital tier down to the basic level. E* raises the rates and never offers subscribers anything in return.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,226 Posts
Link said:
They need to add some things to the Top 120 (or 200 whatever now) to justify raising it $3.00. E* is just as bad as cable now on price increases--maybe worse....I think the local cable here went up $1.00-2.00 on the basic package. But cable at least does move some of the channels on the digital tier down to the basic level. E* raises the rates and never offers subscribers anything in return.
Comcast in the SF Bay Area is going up $7 if I rember correctly. The corperate site says nothing of the increase, so Charlie willl give us a nice New Years gift. A friend of mine got a LCD HDTV & E, but hasn't ordered HD yet. Now with this he'll never will. Hes a school princible and just watches TV one or two hours a night.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Papote: yup

All..
Also folks keep in mind that AT60 will be getting the 32 Muzak CD channels. Add that to the 90 "channels" on the package now (including all the barkers, shopping and PI channels) that puts you well over 100.

At120 curently has 225 "channels" including audio, cd, sirius, barkers, shopping an dPI channels

At180 currently has 285 "channels" now too.

See ya
Tony

·
Cool Member
16 Posts
I recall a chat that stated rates would not change for 2 years... It could be that I've killed/damaged those brain cells, but I could've sworn there was a promise made at the last rate hike to that effect.

Am I wrong? I guess it doesn't matter as this will happen regardless... no matter how disappointing.

I have the DEP + HD package so I'm getting hit the hardest... Grrrrr.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
AT60 (now AT100) was price guaranteed through January 2008.
The rest were fair game

·
Icon
1,029 Posts
Typically you keep the annual fee until next year. That was what I did last year. The difficulty comes when you are also after HD. Since you get hit with an HD enabling fee unless you take one of the AT +HD packages. I think I may be moving down from the 180 to the 120 pack. For the number of times I watch the Military channel, I think I can live without it. The movie channels are relatively lame and Netflix or Blockbuster is a far better deal for me for movies. At least they let me know before the automatic resignup comes along in mid January. If I want more, I can always add it. I think I'll try it for awhile with the AT200+HD.

..Doyle

·
Cool Member
24 Posts
KingJerky said:
I recall a chat that stated rates would not change for 2 years... It could be that I've killed/damaged those brain cells, but I could've sworn there was a promise made at the last rate hike to that effect.

Am I wrong? I guess it doesn't matter as this will happen regardless... no matter how disappointing.

I have the DEP + HD package so I'm getting hit the hardest... Grrrrr.
what is dep?

1 - 20 of 652 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.