DBSTalk Forum banner
441 - 460 of 486 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
"The Great American Country channel, acquired from Discovery for $90 million, is becoming GAC Family, effective Sept. 27.
Ride TV, a privately held channel focused on equestrian sports, was also acquired by GAC Media. It will become GAC Living."

DISH made the name changes to GAC and RIDE on the 28th.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
"The Great American Country channel, acquired from Discovery for $90 million, is becoming GAC Family, effective Sept. 27.
Ride TV, a privately held channel focused on equestrian sports, was also acquired by GAC Media. It will become GAC Living."

DISH made the name changes to GAC and RIDE on the 28th.
Thanks for the update. You do a great job. Much appreciated. I wondering what other programming changes on GAC or Ride will be forthcoming?

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #445 ·
412-04 Sad news for Rocky Mountain viewers.. DISH has dumped the AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain. With Altitude gone for a long time, we have NO local sports networks to see the Denver Nuggets basketball , avalanche hockey and Rockies baseball games.

·
Legend
386 Posts
412-04 Sad news for Rocky Mountain viewers.. DISH has dumped the AT&T Sports Net Rocky Mountain. With Altitude gone for a long time, we have NO local sports networks to see the Denver Nuggets basketball , avalanche hockey and Rockies baseball games.
Dish has been in the process of being the first provider to say no more RSNs so pretty much, it's DirecTV, Cable or a live stream provider to watch your RSNs. they are right in that the RSN model is broken as the owners of the RSNs choose greed over sports fans seeing sports for free on local TV, the RSNs pretty much forced sports teams local coverage off of the local TV stations and on to the RSNs.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Sports channels have been getting so expensive in the past several years and they keep going up. If things keep going, the Sports channels will only be in specialized packages as they are in Canada and other countries. But so many programmers in the US demand the provider carry them, if they want their general entertainment channels.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 · (Edited)
Fox Movie Channel 387 is the SD feed and 384 is FXM- HD feed. They have their own schedule, as they are seperate channels.

Is FX and FXM the same?
FX Movie Channel (FXM) is an American pay television channel owned by FX Networks, LLC, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Television division of The Walt Disney Company. It is the sister channel of FX and FXX. ... Since 2012, FXM has separated its film content into two distinct blocks.

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Not home to check ... is there a logo on FMC? One suggestion was it was "Family Movie Classics".
FMC - Family Movie Classics
I have checked several things. There is a channel called Family Movie Channel, and it streams on the Roku. I have not found a guide online for either Family Movie channel or Family Movie Classics though. The pq is not great, at least on the current movie they are running called "Tulsa". I do notice the channel is commercial.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Fox Movie Channel 387 is the SD feed and 384 is FXM- HD feed. They have their own schedule, as they are seperate channels.

Is FX and FXM the same?
FX Movie Channel (FXM) is an American pay television channel owned by FX Networks, LLC, a subsidiary of the Walt Disney Television division of The Walt Disney Company. It is the sister channel of FX and FXX. ... Since 2012, FXM has separated its film content into two distinct blocks.
Family Movie Classics has launched on channel 387 on Dish today. What do you mean 'Fox Movie Channel 387 is the SD feed and 384 is FXM- HD feed. They have their own schedule, as they are seperate channels'?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Being older and on a fixed income, I got another 2 year contract with Dish. So not bad. One reason I stay with AT250, is most new regular channels like FMC end up in AT250. Several of my friends have smaller packs and do not get all of the new channels, including all of the diginets.

·
Legend
305 Posts
Being older and on a fixed income, I got another 2 year contract with Dish. So not bad. One reason I stay with AT250, is most new regular channels like FMC end up in AT250. Several of my friends have smaller packs and do not get all of the new channels, including all of the diginets.
I'm a senior and on a fixed income too but costs have simply gone out of control. All I have is a Hopper 3, a wireless Joey and the Flex Pack and my monthly bill is $73. Thank god for my OTA adapter because I can at least get my locals and diginets for free except for PBS which I have to watch through the PBS app since it transmits on VHF 8 and I'm signal blocked by 2-story condos.

If I may ask what's your monthly cost for your 2-year AT 250 deal?

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
I'm a senior and on a fixed income too but costs have simply gone out of control. All I have is a Hopper 3, a wireless Joey and the Flex Pack and my monthly bill is $73. Thank god for my OTA adapter because I can at least get my locals and diginets for free except for PBS which I have to watch through the PBS app since it transmits on VHF 8 and I'm signal blocked by 2-story condos.

If I may ask what's your monthly cost for your 2-year AT 250 deal?
I have had AT250/Super Stations/Movie Pack for many years now. The Super Station pack hasn't been available in years. I have been Grandfathered in and the cost is $7. Not sure what AT250 alone is now, but it is over $100. I pay for all three $110.99 a month. I like AT250 as they have most everything in it. I looked at the Flex Pack and other packs. I would lose too many channels it I dropped down. The Starz/Encore pack is worth it alone, plus TMC, going from AT200 to AT250/ I have been with Dish for 22 years (1999). Before that I had my big dish from 1985-to just recently. It is still there, but one of the wires apparently broke or was chewed through. I figured it isn't worth the trouble, as most diginets are either OTA, on Dish, or stream. I have liked Dish since I bought it in 1999. I have one simple vip211k with the built in OTA tunerand the outboard HDD for the DVR function. I do not pay for anything except programming. The old vip211k doesn't have streaming, but I have the Fire Cube that gives me Dish Anywhere for no extra cost. At least for me, Dish is still a good deal, even though prices have gone up a lot through the years. Hard to believe in 1999 I was paying like $20 a month for AT60. How things have changed. Dish also have me a one time discount on losing my Tegna stations.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
Family Movie Classics has launched on channel 387 on Dish today. What do you mean 'Fox Movie Channel 387 is the SD feed and 384 is FXM- HD feed. They have their own schedule, as they are seperate channels'?
A few days ago, the guide only showed 387 FMC sd with DISH in the Logo spot. Based on assumption , I remembered Fox Movie Channel , then today after seeing James Long reply Family Movie Classics , I checked the guide, and 387 now has a logo. Now just for curiosity reasons, I want to know more about Fox Movies, and here is what I found.:
What happened Fox movie?
"); display: inline-block; height: 24px; width: 24px; margin-top: -1px; transform: rotateZ(-180deg);">

After 27 years of broadcasting, on April 27, 2021, Disney announced that Fox Movies would be closing down on October 1, 2021 at exactly 1:00 am (UTC+08:00)/12:00am (UTC+07:00), after which the channel space created by BBC World Service Television in 1991, folded and ceased to exist.

I enjoy FETV and hope that Family Movies Classics will be successful
-----------------------
In another matter fore channel changes / updates, I noticed that the guide has posted a schedule for 352 True Crimes Network. The guide did this about 4 days or so, the channel is not yet turned back ON. I keep an eye on this daily to see if True Crimes does indeed turn back ON.

·
Super Moderator
53,493 Posts
Per Wikipedia
"Movies from Fox channel in the US was renamed to Fox Movie Channel on March 1, 2000 until September 2013 when the channel changed its name back to FXM."
Fox Movies (TV channel) - Wikipedia
FX Movie Channel - Wikipedia

FYI: True Crimes was 252 (and yes, it appears EPG is present but not the correct programming).

·
Registered
147 Posts
A few changes on the SiriusXM lineup for today

50s on 5 rebranded to 50s Gold
60s on 6 rebranded to 60s Gold
Holiday Traditions
replaces 40s Junction for the Holiday season

Code:
Channel 99 (Hopper)
Channels 60xx (standard)

2 - SiriusXM Hits 1