DBSTalk Forum banner
561 - 580 of 588 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,733 Posts
MeTV is gone:

MeTV

We are currently working to renew our contract with MeTV and bring this channel back as quickly as possible.

What's happening and why?
  • In order to deliver the programming you love on DISH, we partner with numerous content owners, and from time to time these deals need to be renewed.
  • We were not able to come to a mutual renewal agreement with MeTV, and without a contract in place we are required to remove this channel from our service.
  • DISH and MeTV have been working together on renewing our contract for some time now, and several months ago we were happy to come to a handshake agreement with them. But unfortunately, MeTV backpedaled and made the decision to not honor the deal that they previously agreed upon.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,463 Posts
With my old vip211k, the OTA tuner has everything there along with the Dish channel guides, so anything OTA easy.
Those are two relatively confining restrictions.
  • That one has access to a ViP211k
  • That one has sufficient signal to get an OTA feed.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,463 Posts
Reconditioned and used vip211k receivers are still available.
The question isn't availability. The question is whether you can use one (i.e. you already have a Hopper 3 so you can't add a ViP211K) and why would you want to use a ViP211K instead of something else.

That's just a whole lot of hoops to jump through for a questionable win in terms of desirable programming. Speaking only for myself, I can't remember the last time I watched anything from a diginet. I have access to 55 different channels on my OTA DVR but I typically record on only four of them. OTA isn't always the best approach for collecting content.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
The vip211k is not the only DISH receiver that can receive OTA.

Please don't trash another thread. Lets get back to the topic of THIS thread which is DISH channel line up changes.

· Registered
330 Posts
Two more Holiday music channels added to my MPEG-2 list:

6014 Acoustic Christmas
6076 Holiday Pops

See the MPEG-2 thread for a more complete list. Hopper-interface receivers: use channel 099-xx (xx is the last two digits of each SiriusXM channel number, such as 099-14 and 099-76 for the examples above) or look for these channels on their Holiday channel numbers on collapsible channel 98.

· Registered
330 Posts
Most non-SiriusXM Holiday music channels have ended their Holiday formats. Traditional Holidays and Viva La Navidad remain, in addition to the five SiriusXM channels with Holiday music. I have updated the MPEG-2 list accordingly.

· Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #574 ·
Channel 296

Once subscribed, DISH customers can find Carnegie Hall+ in the following ways: Once subscribed, navigate to Channel 296 in the guide. Use the voice remote to search for “Carnegie Hall Plus.” Go to the On Demand Menu, select “Browse by Channel,” and look for Carnegie Hall+.

· Registered
330 Posts
Azteca channels 825 and 862 have been removed and replaced by INFO channels, as Azteca apparently no longer broadcasts in the United States. Message in the guide on the INFO channels:

"Azteca ha dejado de operar

A partir del 31/12/22, Azteca dejara de transmitir en todos los proveedores de television en Estados Unidos."

· Icon
1,173 Posts
MeTV is gone:

MeTV

We are currently working to renew our contract with MeTV and bring this channel back as quickly as possible.

What's happening and why?
  • In order to deliver the programming you love on DISH, we partner with numerous content owners, and from time to time these deals need to be renewed.
  • We were not able to come to a mutual renewal agreement with MeTV, and without a contract in place we are required to remove this channel from our service.
  • DISH and MeTV have been working together on renewing our contract for some time now, and several months ago we were happy to come to a handshake agreement with them. But unfortunately, MeTV backpedaled and made the decision to not honor the deal that they previously agreed upon.
MeTV backpedaled and made the decision to not honor the deal that they previously agreed upon.

Well, it seems DISH is equally capable of back peddling and withdrawing a deal they previously agreed upon. I know this for a fact as DISH did it to me. After over 12 years as a excellent customer, I will start to examine my options.
I KEPT MY AGREEMENT with DISH, but DISH DID NOT KEEP THEIRS. BAD business practices are seriously frowned upon in my state. I may find out just how seriously.

Disappointment is a understatement.

· Super Moderator
54,190 Posts
MeTV backpedaled and made the decision to not honor the deal that they previously agreed upon.

Well, it seems DISH is equally capable of back peddling and withdrawing a deal they previously agreed upon. I know this for a fact as DISH did it to me. After over 12 years as a excellent customer, I will start to examine my options.
I KEPT MY AGREEMENT with DISH, but DISH DID NOT KEEP THEIRS. BAD business practices are seriously frowned upon in my state. I may find out just how seriously.

Disappointment is a understatement.
Better to discuss in your own thread since whatever issue you have with DISH isn't channel carriage (and if it is based on delivery of a specific channel to you then you misread your customer agreement - no channel is guaranteed).

561 - 580 of 588 Posts