DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been trying to find an up to date site comparing the lineup of Dish & Direct channels. All of the sites I can find are outdated listing channel that no longer exist. Is there are current site? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
I think what you want is a listing of DISH and ATT/Directv packages because you can't buy individual channels in most cases. Each provider should offer updated packages on their web sites. If this isn't the question please try stating it differently.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are outdated sites where the complete listing of channels for both Direct and Dish are side by side. That way, it is easier to tell the difference. Like Dish has Get TV and Direct has Sprout, which Dish doesn't.

·
Super Moderator
53,487 Posts
I gave up on keeping an SD channel list several years ago ... too many channel changes and not enough demand.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went over to the Direct TV site to compare and I found only a handful of channels Direct has that Dish doesn't like TV One, Ovation, MHZ. WHT, Uplift, TV One, Revolt, INCTV, Jewish life, Newsmax, audience, aspire, etc. A couple we had like WHT and ovation.Several that are missing like Newsmax are available streaming for free anyway. Direct does not have Get TV, Cozi, FETV, Rural, and many in our movies pack, and overall Direct is higher in cost, for less variety.I would rather have Charter Cable over Direct. Dish is still the best.

·
Godfather
1,175 Posts
For HD channels James Long has a good list with package prices broke down. http://jameslong.name/hdcount.html

AVS forum also has a running list last updated in May. If you remove the regional full time RSN's where Directv dominates the count is close. Directv is still up in HD channels over Dish overall. Premiums Direct is up by 8 but behind on foreign language HD channels.

AVS list here: http://www.avsforum.com/forum/34-hdtv-programming/1721930-official-avs-national-hd-channel-lineups-cable-dbs-fiber-iptv-updated-01-08-2016-a.html

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks. Earlier I went over to the Direct TV site and I see no mention of Epix, Retro, Inde, Pixl, etc. So it looks like Direct does not carry those. The Epix site does not list Direct TV either. Dish is the only satellite service listed. Having Epix on Dish is especially nice as well as Encore and Starz, and I have the movies on demand on the Roku.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.