DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I turned the TV on this morning at 7am and kept losing the signal. I ran all the tests and it showed that my #1 input was not working correctly(Switch problem). I called Customer support and found out that they could not send anyone out today. I spoke with a supervisor and he said the samething. He was very rude and not very customer oriented. I explained that I have been with DISH for 1.5 years and have been very disappointed with their equipment and service. I mentioned that because of these bad experiences that I was considering going back to cable. He offered to disconnect me right then and there. Some support. I asked for his name and employee number and he hung up on me. I was very upset by this time.

I called back and got another representative and explained what happened. She had me speak with her supervisor. They are sending someone on Thanksgiving Day to fix the problem. This supervisor was very understanding and was very professional. She had the true understanding of how to satisfy a customer.

I guess it depends on who you talk to at DISH to get any kind of decent service.

·
Icon
625 Posts
She had the true understanding of how to satisfy a customer.

I guess it depends on who you talk to at DISH to get any kind of decent service.
Sad but true...........but don't think that this is unique to Dish only. I have found that just about any company that you deal with in customer service has some reps that just "don't get it".

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
Don't hold your breath on getting service on Turkey Day. You can bet the least senior service techs will be working on a Holiday.

I'd also like to know what makes people think that their service is so important that anything else that is scheduled has to be dropped just so they can be serviced. Maybe if your name was George Bush or Charlie Ergin that would be true.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I figured it was early in the morning and that they may be able to get someone out. I do not think that I demanded more than what I expect for service. I think that companies are very much under staffed(to save money), and that their customers are suffering for this. This is true in all businesses. Believe me I know, our department is constantly down sizing. The question is how far can companies keep down sizing.

·
Hall Of Fame
21,331 Posts
I mentioned that because of these bad experiences that I was considering going back to cable. He offered to disconnect me right then and there.
I guess this just shows that you shouldn't make such comments unless you are ready to back them up. As for not being able to come out on the day you called, very few businesses will do that, including cable around here. If I made such threats eventually I would have no one left to go to.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know I was wrong in saying what I did. It is kind of funny, when you call a company saying that you no longer want their service, they always want to know what they can do to keep you. You would think they would do more to improve customer service while you are a customer.

I was upset and still am upset. I am going to have a house hold full of people and they like their football. I feel kind of bummed, but that's life.

Our business society used to be customer oriented, now it is money oriented. And we the customer put up with it.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Just as an aside... what would happen if your TV died today? I doubt you could get it serviced in 1-day either.

Generally speaking, it just isn't all that likely to get that kind of turnaround in anything these days.

Also worth considering... if you were at your daily job, and someone (other than your boss) came to you and demanded something right then and there... how fast would you get to it? Most people who want same-day service aren't able to do it themselves either, either because of being too busy or because of not liking the attitude of the requester.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think everyone is missing the point. I spoke with two people today from DISH. One was very rude and hungup on me, the other was very understanding satisfied me as a customer. I never had a customer service representative that was rude, let alone hang up. Just to show you, the repair company just called and asked if the techinician can come out o Friday instead of tomorrow, Thanksgiving day(the techician wanted to have a holiday with their family). I told them this was not a problem and that I understand. They are coming on Friday morning.

I just feel that when someone is in customer service, they should listen to the customer, and not hangup on them. I am in customer service, and if I hungup on a customer, I could be fired.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
I agree that they should not hang up on you. But in your first post you said when they told you that they could not send someone out the same day you asked for a supervisor who also told you no same-day service... whereas now you seem to be ok waiting until Friday. That's the only part I figured maybe you were off-base in expecting same day service.

No excuse for the CSR hanging up on you... but were you pushing them for same-day service when they hung up?

Just curious since your last post seemed much more reasonable expectations than your first one.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I initially called the contractor that did the work and they could come out the samday for a charge. I explained that it seemed like a former problem that had been fixed this summer and was appearring again. They then connected me with DISH. It seems the sameday service is a DISH policy. I felt kind of bummed because we pay for the repair service on the monthly bill.

So if I pay, it can be fixed the sameday, but if DISH needs to refer the problem to be fixed, it is the next day. the same people do the work for DISH.

This is why I was bummed out. And then the DISH supervisor being rude, put the icing on the cake.

But after a second call to their customer support, I felt as though I was fairly treated.

I did send an email to DISH expalining the situation. Hopefully this will help resolve this type of issues with other DISH customers.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is a place to present dealings with DISH. I think it is best to make constructive remarks rather than insane innuendos.

·
Super Moderator
53,145 Posts
If you have a local installer who isn't swamped "same day" is possible. But it should not be expected.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
I'd like to know what makes these companies think that their service is so important that I should pay them for holidays. :)

Of course we should get service on holidays. From my early days in the Navy to the work that I do I have to provide service on holidays occasionally. This is what I get paid for.

If I don't get service on weekends and holidays I don't expect to pay for it. I think that's fair.

boba said:
Don't hold your breath on getting service on Turkey Day. You can bet the least senior service techs will be working on a Holiday.

I'd also like to know what makes people think that their service is so important that anything else that is scheduled has to be dropped just so they can be serviced. Maybe if your name was George Bush or Charlie Ergin that would be true.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
Who says that this shouldn't be expected? I think that it should be expected - or don't charge me until it's fixed...

James Long said:
If you have a local installer who isn't swamped "same day" is possible. But it should not be expected.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
Hopefully cooler heads are prevailing and the follow-up call will get things taken care of... and you'll be back in gear by Friday. I would think that you could get partial credits for time that your service is out, assuming it is completely out, in the meantime once they come to correct the problem.

I also would agree that if it is a repeat of a previously addressed problem, you should not have to pay to fix the same thing again.

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
jwilson said:
Who says that this shouldn't be expected? I think that it should be expected - or don't charge me until it's fixed...
Apples and oranges... He absolutely should not have to pay if his system is broken, until it gets fixed... but he may not be able to get someone to come out and fix it that same day.

·
Cool Member
20 Posts
I would expect same day service - that's what we provide in my business. It's not easy, but that's what we get paid for. There's no law that says we cannot get more prompt service. Maybe we could think outside of the status quo to better service!

HDMe said:
Apples and oranges... He absolutely should not have to pay if his system is broken, until it gets fixed... but he may not be able to get someone to come out and fix it that same day.

·
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the remarks. It seems as though those of us that have been around for a while remember the old days, when companies provided real customer support.

As I said previously, I am in a customer support role and I would not even think of hanging up on a customer. I do not care how upset they are, sometimes a customer just needs to vent their frustrations. I let them vent and then do all I can to help. I guess being from the old school, I see things a different way.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.