DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded to the 622 and sent back two Dish receivers in October. In November, Dish charged me $199 for not returning the receivers. I just so happened to save the tracking numbers. They were delivered in October, just as I was supposed to do. I've called Dish and they are supposed to credit me on my next bill. This has upset me greatly. If I didn't love HD as much as I do, I'd tell them where to put it.

Regardless, I called to eliminate my EFT billing and I wanted to change from my debit card to a credit card for what they have on file. It sucks to find out $200 bucks is gone from your checking account. They wouldn't let me change it.

Seriously? What to do?

·
Hall Of Fame
3,180 Posts
Isn't the $199 the upgrade fee on the 622? When I got mine, I sent back a leased 811 and an old model 3000. I was given a $25 rebate on the 3000 and got nothing for the 811 (as it was leased). It also took over three months to see the rebate. I have not heard of anything which eliminated the $199 upgrade fee.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
garys said:
Isn't the $199 the upgrade fee on the 622? When I got mine, I sent back a leased 811 and an old model 3000. I was given a $25 rebate on the 3000 and got nothing for the 811 (as it was leased). It also took over three months to see the rebate. I have not heard of anything which eliminated the $199 upgrade fee.
I paid that to the installer.

The charges were for "not returning the receivers" per Dish CSR.

·
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
JigSawMan said:
You can change your EFT billing account by yourself through the Dish web site. I just switched my EFT last week from checking to a credit card. You do not need a CSR to do it for you. I switched accounts after reading of many other people who were billed unexpectedly like you were.

look here:
But they have my debit card from my original sign up. They've drafted from my checking account on regular bills, not my debit card.

The $199 shows up on the statement as a cc payment. The other shows up as EFT.

·
Icon
522 Posts
Be forewarned, credit to your account can simply mean, credit to your Dish account. Nothing will show up in your checking account or CC statement untill Dish clears your MONTHLY account with them.

To credit your credit card, they will have to DEBIT your Dish account.

Bob

·
Icon
864 Posts
The best thing to do is call the bank as soon as possible and dispute the charges from Dish. Also make it clear to your Bank that Dish is not to have access to any of your accounts on file. It may cost you a $ 15 dollar fee, but it will keep Dish out of your money. After you telll your Bank not to allow access to your funds, then call Dish and tell them you want to stop any and all payments through your Debit, Credit and checking accounts and that you want a paper bill sent to you monthly. Also tell them that you have instructed your Bank not to allow them access to your accounts.

·
Godfather
256 Posts
Dave said:
The best thing to do is call the bank as soon as possible and dispute the charges from Dish. Also make it clear to your Bank that Dish is not to have access to any of your accounts on file. It may cost you a $ 15 dollar fee, but it will keep Dish out of your money. After you telll your Bank not to allow access to your funds, then call Dish and tell them you want to stop any and all payments through your Debit, Credit and checking accounts and that you want a paper bill sent to you monthly. Also tell them that you have instructed your Bank not to allow them access to your accounts.
All direct DISH contracts have a credit card disclosure agreement. Nother words, they can charge it in exactly such an instance. You can revoke the permission, that's true...but you'll be 100% liable for the charges and costs of doing so. You bank charges most likely between 15-30 for stopping a payment, I want to say DISH's is 20-45 for the privilage of filling out extra paperwork.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.