DBSTalk Forum banner

Dish Family

1259 Views 8 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  CABill
Will Dish allow me to subscribe to Dish Family and also the High Def package instead of the Bronze pkg ?

Thanks.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
! would think so.. See no reason not ... might ought to give em a call.
If it is a lease upgrade, don't think so as 18 month committment states "Bronze HD or higher." If you buy the receiver, who knows. Try it if buying.
johnnyd1023 said:
Will Dish allow me to subscribe to Dish Family and also the High Def package instead of the Bronze pkg ?
No. The HD Pak, nor the Voom Pak are not available to new subscribers.
garys said:
If it is a lease upgrade, don't think so as 18 month committment states "Bronze HD or higher." If you buy the receiver, who knows. Try it if buying.
The contract say's Dish Family , HD Bronze etc, or higher. I already am a subscriber to Bronze but am trying to get info here before I call and get the "wrong" info from a CSR.
Sorry if I was not clear. If you are going to lease an HD receiver, the committment for that is Bronze HD or higher. To Lease an sd receiver, DishFamily in enough. Try talking to a local dealer before trying to call Dish.
garys said:
Sorry if I was not clear. If you are going to lease an HD receiver, the committment for that is Bronze HD or higher. To Lease an sd receiver, DishFamily in enough. Try talking to a local dealer before trying to call Dish.
Thank You !
garys said:
If you are going to lease an HD receiver, the committment for that is Bronze HD or higher. To Lease an sd receiver, DishFamily in enough.
Has the DIU agreement changed to require DishHD?

Someone already subscribed to Bronze and getting the $10 for 10 month rebate is required to maintain DishHD, but I find no reference to a metalic package other than the $6 HD Enable fee in either the new sub agreement (http://www.dishtv.com/terms_dha04.jsp) or in the existing sub DIU agreement(http://www.dbstalk.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5521&d=1143587313). Existing subscribers do lease 622s under DIU without a Bronze or better package (and pay the $6). Both those agreements state DishFAMILY as the minimum programming package.

None of it would matter to johnnyd1023 though. Nobody can subscribe to the HD Pack that isn't already subscribed to that package. AK & HI are special cases, but I don't see a "move" as a solution.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.