DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Well that signal strength isnt necessarily a huge problem. My signal for 129 is low like that too.. but until it drops below 50 it doesnt really affect anything.

Does this problem only happen when you first tune to a given channel and then clears up shortly thereafter.. or are you saying it makes the channels unwatchable continuously.. either by never clearing up or clearing up and then coming back again without changing the channel?

·
Godfather
297 Posts
newteech said:
The problem happens every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It will chunk and then clear up for awhile, then chunk again later. It doesn't matter the channel, it happens on all the HD channels

It's so much fun watching a quarterback throw a long bomb, only to see big green blocks when the wide receiver is about to catch the ball.

Do you have any suggestions?
Well it could be borderline signal strength on 129 as Mikey is alluding to.

But it would have to be lower than 65 to cause it.

When you go to check the signal strength on 129 what do you see more specifically than "65"? Because each of the transponders are going to have their own readings if you scroll through them. Are some decidedly lower than 65?

If so, and the dish for 129 has been tweaked multiple times to try and make it better to no avail, bout the only other thing would be using a bigger dish for that satellite.

·
Godfather
297 Posts
Anytime you're below 50 you're gonna have issues with dropouts. I have many on 129 in the mid 50's and I get away with it. When you're checking that for 129 you need to scroll through the different transponders while you're at it to see what the highest and lowest ones are. They can vary quite a bit.

If the dish can be tweaked enough to where all the transponders on 129 are steadily above 50 it would help alot. The higher the better obviously. Course when inclement weather set in you'd still lose them rather quickly even if they were in the mid-low 50's cause you'd have no room for error.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.