DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had Dish HD for 6 months and I'm getting ready to dump it for DirecTV.

Every time I watch HD programming on Dish, the signal chunks and I get the big green squares filling my screen. This only happens with HD channels.

I've had service stop by several times to fix the problem. The receiver was swapped out and the dish repointed to no avail.

One tech admitted to me that because of my location (so cal) I can only see 1 hd satellite and the quality is always going to be poor.

Could someone provide some ideas on how to go about fixing this problem? Is there a fix?

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
whatchel1 said:
Sounds like you need another tech. If this one can't get the Dish 1000 working well then you can go to 2 dishes. 1 dish 500 for 110/119 and 1 other for 129 (either a 300 or a 500 w/ a single feed). This will increase the gain on 129.
I already have two dishes!

The signal on 129 has never been better than 65, whereas the other regular signals have been in the 90+ range

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mikey said:
You'll probably continue to have issues with HD off the 129 satellite until it's replaced. That's one sick bird, and looks even more sick on the West Coast.
How do you know this? Could you point me to some documentation proving this?

I'd like to get out of my 18 month commitment with DISH, though I'm sure they're not going to want to let me.

·
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
DP1 said:
Does this problem only happen when you first tune to a given channel and then clears up shortly thereafter.. or are you saying it makes the channels unwatchable continuously.. either by never clearing up or clearing up and then coming back again without changing the channel?
The problem happens every 5 minutes or so. Sometimes more, sometimes less. It will chunk and then clear up for awhile, then chunk again later. It doesn't matter the channel, it happens on all the HD channels

It's so much fun watching a quarterback throw a long bomb, only to see big green blocks when the wide receiver is about to catch the ball.

Do you have any suggestions?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.