DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 14 Posts

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,707 Posts
You'll see it at CES 2012 first - they're jumping out own pants trying to make new FW to show 813's features there in a few days - look how often new FW versions coming out woodwork for the 813 at dishuser.org site log.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,707 Posts
Jhon69 said:
My one suggestion for Dish Network's name change is to put an exclamation point at the end of the word,so it would be...DISH!.

I would also like to see the Hopper to be able to accept Dish Network's MT2(Dual Tuner OTA)Module,then it would be 5 tuners(3 SAT+2OTA).;)

If the Hopper had that I would definitely want one!.:D
On FCC pictures, the 813 has no place for MT-2. But rumors are it would be USB connected separate box (ala DTV).

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,707 Posts
Slamminc11 said:
according to Scott over at satguys, yes.
I would say according rumors at sg site ... for sure he don't have it in his hands nor have direct contact with developers. As to marketing ppl who are perhaps feeding him, those ppl are last to know what real device can do in particular version.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,707 Posts
harsh said:
Prime Time Anytime supposedly records the multiplexed signal from the transponder and then later demuxes the shows out of the that feed.

The data rate has got to be pretty high to send an entire transponder to the hard drive for three hours.
Power is enough to fast parsing PAT/PMTs to select those PIDs what belong to the desired channels. If there are other channels not included in Primetime feature.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,707 Posts
Blowgun said:
As I mentioned in the other thread, the user can select 2 additional channels of their own choosing. So why couldn't the two additional channels be CW and/or PBS?
I guess these two channels will take next two sat tuners for that.

·
Mr. FixAnything
27,707 Posts
Good question what required good knowledge of detail functioning of the DVR, but so far at CES they demoing only boxes, not working devices and shows slides. Perhaps someone on CES floor could find an engineer who is working with the device and could answer your question.

1 - 12 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.