DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· DHMO User
1,095 Posts
P Smith said:
If the Primetime feature would have create own segments by real start/stop timemarks of programs with good search features ..
That's one of the issues I have with the whole record Prime-time thing. If I can't later trim and transfer what I want to individual recorded events to watch later, I might as well use the timers I already, and quite successfully, use to record shows now. Sometimes it's weeks before I have the time to watch a show and while that might not be an issue for most people, I don't like the idea of shows falling off the back just because I couldn't get to them in time. So, I'd probably turn that feature off and as a side benefit, have less hard drive racking and more space for other uses. That is, provided that the firmware is stable enough.

· DHMO User
1,095 Posts
BobaBird said:
At the press conference they said 53% of prime-time recordings come off the big 4 networks.
Do you know how DISH determine 53 percent? It sounds like DISH is collecting subscriber information from their receivers or it's a limited sample based on website traffic.

BobaBird said:
For now, PT recordings will only be done for the big 4 even if you have HD PBS and/or HD CW on the same transponder.
As I mentioned in the other thread, the user can select 2 additional channels of their own choosing. So why couldn't the two additional channels be CW and/or PBS?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.