DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Legend
198 Posts
Been with them for 2 1/2 years on the pay-in-advance account and they offered me 1 joey and 1 hopper....for over $600. ONLY NEW customers will receive a FREE hopper. Even though your contract is up, you still will NOT receive that type of offer..gotta be a NEW customer. Bummer, huh?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
Good luck with that. She may not qualify for the free Hopper either.

·
Godfather
264 Posts
I'm beginning to be interested in the Hopper. I have a 622 and a 722K and my monthly equipment cost looks like it's $17 + a $6 DVR fee + and a $7 service fee. I think the $7 service fee is to take care of any problems I may have.

If I purchase a Hopper/Joey/Node, will the $17 equipment fee disappear? If so, the time to recover my investment is just over 2 years. I'm mostly happy with my current setup. My biggest issue is really with my wife .. who would like to watch recordings on from the downstairs box while she is upstairs. I do admit to some curiosity as to why one can't move recordings from one box to another if they are both connected to the network.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,984 Posts
rbyers said:
I'm beginning to be interested in the Hopper. I have a 622 and a 722K and my monthly equipment cost looks like it's $17 + a $6 DVR fee + and a $7 service fee. I think the $7 service fee is to take care of any problems I may have.

If I purchase a Hopper/Joey/Node, will the $17 equipment fee disappear? If so, the time to recover my investment is just over 2 years. I'm mostly happy with my current setup. My biggest issue is really with my wife .. who would like to watch recordings on from the downstairs box while she is upstairs. I do admit to some curiosity as to why one can't move recordings from one box to another if they are both connected to the network.
The $17 will be replaced with different fees. DVR fee goes up to $10 from $6 and you'll have 3 $7 fees for the 3 Joeys you'll need. Also, you can use an external hard drive to share recordings between your current HDDVRs.

·
Kwisatz Haderach of Cordcuttery
3,148 Posts
Depends on how many TVs you're serving with those 2 dualies.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,140 Posts
parvezjasani said:
i have not heard from anyone from dish so far
While Dish does staff these forums with people to help with such issues as they see fit, this is not the first line of communication to them.
You should make direct contact with them through their own website or by phone, and not rely on these forums to do that for you.

·
Icon
678 Posts
sliderbob said:
Been with them for 2 1/2 years on the pay-in-advance account and they offered me 1 joey and 1 hopper....for over $600. ONLY NEW customers will receive a FREE hopper. Even though your contract is up, you still will NOT receive that type of offer..gotta be a NEW customer. Bummer, huh?
Pay in advance/Flex accounts dont really qualify for anything. Tough luck you wont be getting the same offer as new customers or regular DHA customers either.

263 Posts
rbyers said:

The $7 Protection Plan will reduce the cost of installation from $95 to only $15. Depending on the number of TV's you have connected with your current set up, you will want to have a Hopper for your main TV and a Joey at each additional TV location. The first receiver is always included with the price of your package, any additional Hoppers or Joeys will be $7 each per month. If you want me to provide you with an exact quote of what your bill would be if you upgraded please send me a PM with your phone or account number. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.