DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently canceled my 14 year subscription to Dish due to many equipment failures. I have a Dish Hopper with sling, a 2TB external hard drive, and an older DISH DVR model 2700. I would like to know two things. Can I transfer from my external hard drive the movies I backed up from my hopper to the old DVR? Or must I transfer my movies from the external hard drive back to the hopper, and then can I transfer them to the Model 2700, I would like a response soon, as I must return the Dish hopper w.sling in the next few weeks.

Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Patrick4287 said:
I recently canceled my 14 year subscription to Dish due to many equipment failures. I have a Dish Hopper with sling, a 2TB external hard drive, and an older DISH DVR model 2700. I would like to know two things. Can I transfer from my external hard drive the movies I backed up from my hopper to the old DVR? Or must I transfer my movies from the external hard drive back to the hopper, and then can I transfer them to the Model 2700, I would like a response soon, as I must return the Dish hopper w.sling in the next few weeks.

Thank you!!
See response on Satellite Guys

·
Beware the Attack Basset
24,489 Posts
The DISH 2700 is not a DVR. I'm not sure what lead you to believe that it was.

Hopper recordings can only be shared with or transferred to other Hoppers or ViP series DVRs (of which the ViP211 is not a member).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.