DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
11,498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another year, another annual DISH Network team summit meeting where Charlie Ergen, chairman and CEO of EchoStar, tries to woo further retailer support. But, what's that? No invitation for the trade press? Holy Hartenstein Batman, what's up with that?

So, what did the trade press do to deserve the "no go" to Orlando, Fla.? Ah yes, that's right…Jeff Foxworthy is on the agenda to provide ******* jokes to the flocks. So, here's a ******* joke provided by SkyRetailer: "You know you're a ******* when your TV's tinfoil-covered antenna gets better reception than the self-installed satellite dish you mounted on your next door neighbor's dog."

All joking aside, it looks as though DISH has planned yet another great party for the retailers this year. Team Summit 2002 attendees should have plenty entertainment to take advantage of, including planned speakers like Larry King, Gary Bradt, Eric Heatherly, Johnny Lampert and music from the B52's. Plus, the tradeshow floor looks all too inviting with programmers like HBO, Showtime, MTV Networks, Starz Encore, Turner, ESPN, WISDOM Media Group, USA Networks and many others.

So, what else is on the agenda? Between the partying and self-congratulatory efforts on behalf of DISH Network, there'll be panel discussions on HDTV, Broadband and ITV; retailer workshops; and plenty of "good eatin'" opportunities around the clock. Plus, according to inside sources, StarBand is planning a little retailer gathering as well.

Stay tuned to SkyRetailer for possible news bites from the hippest party in Florida. And, for all you lucky retailers attending this feast of friends, remember to start with a nice SPF 30 to keep the sun away just enough to end the day with a mild SPF 15 - it should do the trick.

From SkyRetailer (Used with permission)

·
Banned
6,968 Posts
None yet.

I have heard through the grapevine that they expect the 721 and 508 release dates and final specs to be announced durring the summit.

I want my 721!

As far as the 508 goes, release it and discontinue the 501.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.