DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just replaced my single LNB dish with a 3-LNB oval dish to receive HD channels - also got 2 new H20 receivers. Problem is - while adjusting the dish, I am only able to pick up satellite C. I get 84% strength on transponder 8 - 64% on 10 and 64% on 12. Nothing at all on A or B. Pole is plumb, tilt is set at 102 per DTV (97015 zip code). Any ideas??

·
Registered
12,558 Posts
Most likely it's an aiming problem. Your old single LNB dish pointed at the 101-deg "SatA" satellite, while your new 3-LNB dish must point at the 110-deg "SatC" satellite.

What Receiver or meter are you using to check the signal readings?

·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's probably an aiming problem, but somebody said that when one satellite comes in, the other 2 should be lined up at the same time. I have checked the signal strength on both of my H20 receivers, and also on one older D10 receiver (that one shows 96%, 84% and 84% for the 3 transponders on Satellite C).

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
Set the tilt and elevation per instructions, and then find the az using the 101 or 119 satellite. Once you verify all three sats, then fine tune using 110. Once you have the fine tuning for AZ/EL done on 110, go back to 119 and fine tune the tilt.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.