DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Legend
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I spoke with a company that installs dish and direct tv. He recommends Dish as I have a lot of trees that I need to clear in my backyard, and he says the dish satellites are higher in the sky.

He also recommends the dish 1000, which only gets HD channels.

He also said that he can run all the inside wires on one coax, as he has a splitter he can use so that two signals can go to the dvr, and one can come back for the second tv.

I thought I would ask the real pro's here is this sounds legit.

Thanks!

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
In NH the Directv satellites should have a higher look angle by about 5 degrees.

DISH uses band stacking in Dish Pro Plus LNBs that allows a single line and separators to be used for dual tuner receivers. Directv has started a similar stacking the SWM that will allow one line to feed both tuners in a dual tuner system but it is not nationally available yet and is more expensivr. So technically what your dealer has said is BS but in reality it is easier and cheaper to do using DISH technology.

· AllStar
92 Posts
Rocko62580 said:
...He also recommends the dish 1000, which only gets HD channels...
If he was referring to the dish 1000.4 then yes he's correct, the new Easter Arch dish, and it's satellites are higher than the dtv birds, mind you not by much.

Only gets HD? Um, he's confused, and probably meant that it *only* gets mpeg4, the new Eastern Arch service is an mpeg4 only service, being Standard def programming or High def in mpeg4.

· Cool Member
27 Posts
What he said about running one coax is true. He can provide HD to your primary TV, and SD to a second TV, with only one coax using Dish Pro Plus. I would imagine he was recommending a 1000.2 or 1000.4.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.