Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Legend
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I (tried) to go to High def yesterday
when I ordered the VIP622 from dish on saturday I told them please dont send cowboy installers (no disrepect to cowboys)!

2 kids turned up and continually called thier boss for help, finally leaving my house at 8:30(on thier way to another job)
with my one HD tv working and 3 not working !!

I could have sworn they said it was a 'professional installation"

now they are coming back today to fix the cluster F....

·
Legend
115 Posts
It's funny...the different experiences in different areas. I'm with Dish because of screwey installers for Direct! The 2 guys that came out and installed my system were awesome! that was in stark contrast to the ignorant fool from Direct that showed up to my house at 9 AT NIGHT when he was supposed to be ther between 2-4pm! Then after he showed up that late, he said 'oh...no line of site...can't install'. I was furious and asked him "how the hell can you see anything! You don't know what is line of site and what isn't! It's friggin DARK!

He left, supposedly getting someone to call me for a 2nd opinion, but of course no one called. So I promptly called Dish and was up and running in less than a week! MUCH better....MUCH better!!

·
Mentor
47 Posts
There are some people here recommends that you go with the locals that you know and you can pick on 'em if they screw up but I am not sure how you would do
that if all of them just care finishing the job early and leave you with little or no support and you've to struggle with Dish CSR to explain to them if they didn't do a good job.

·
Legend
125 Posts
I'm not sure hoe they can claim a 'professional installation' when there's no sort of professional certification. I guess ''professional' simply means someone gets paid for it, not that there's any sort of competency.

·
Legend
201 Posts
I'm not sure what kind of work you all are in but, I am pretty sure that you started out at the bottom someplace. I will agree that there are some shotty installers out there but there are also lousy salesmen and waiters and whatever other occupation there is that somebody is new. Maybe you are just way to good to think that you started someplace at the bottom.
Just a thought.
It's a good thing they had a cell phone or you probably wouldn't have any tv's hook up the first time around.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,498 Posts
While I agree that just about everyone, at some time in their life, started out as a beginner (but not at the bottom, I don't like that term). However, the is NO excuse for a company to send TWO people that apparently didn't know what they were doing to install a HD system. At LEAST one of them should have been experienced with HD installs and the "helper" could have learned from him. Subscribers expect, and should get, a great install and that is what companies need to train their employees to provide (ALL THE TIME).

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
My parents had a similar experience with their cable company... They wanted to have a TV cable-card installed. The cable company sent someone out who had never seen one before!

He had problems and had to schedule a follow-up... they sent another new guy who had never done it before for the follow-up!

When called to ask what was all the trouble... the cable company said "we have a lot of problems configuring these cable cards"... which begged the question... if it is new and difficult to do, why do they not send someone with experience?

I feel the pain. I used to install things (not satellite) before... and I was new once too... but I was never sent out to do difficult/new technology until someone had trained me on how to do it and I gained experience... and I wasn't sent out alone when I first started either.

I think satellite should work the same way. Provide training, and send new guys out with an experienced tech the first time out. And if there is new/difficult tech with tricks involved... don't send a newbie out with it until he knows how to do it.

No insult to a newbie... it isn't fair to him or the customer to be put into that situation.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.