DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
to look for. I am upgrading from sd to hd. They will be installing a dish 1000 and a 211 rec. Will they have the component or hdmi cables to hook to my tv? I have also read something about a switch. What is this and where will it be located? Any help on things I need to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Cool Member
22 Posts
One of the biggest problems doing installs was, people didn't clean their house.:eek2: Mainly a toy room. Dog waste in the yard. I worked with a guy who if he steped in it he would wipe it off on your carpet!!!:hurah:
People without original remotes or the brains to operate the TV in the first place.
Boy I should name names wouldn't that be great pay back!!!!!:D
Or how about the a-hole who had a foot and half of snow on his roof. That guy had the balls to call the store and say I lied about the snow on the roof.:eek2:
I don't do installes anymore, because if I did I would have to go postal!!!!:hurah: :D
Sorry I just needed to vent. :D
Good luck with your install.

·
Legend
129 Posts
I'm not going to be of too much help but... I know the new 622 does not come w/ an HDMI cable, but should have component cables. I don't have any experience w/ the 211 but I think the all the new boxes do not include HDMI cables.
The switch is a box that connects the different LNBs on the dish (i.e. different sat locations) to a single coax cable into your receiver. It can be installed outside near the dish or just inside like in an attic.
It just so happens I'm sitting hear waiting on the installer to upgrade my 942 to a 622. I intend to have him show me the signal strength on each sat before he leaves.
Good luck w/ your upgrade.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,295 Posts
4tide1 said:
to look for. I am upgrading from sd to hd. They will be installing a dish 1000 and a 211 rec. Will they have the component or hdmi cables to hook to my tv? I have also read something about a switch. What is this and where will it be located? Any help on things I need to look for would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
If you have more than two receivers in the house, you'll need a switch. Mine's located outside by the dish, but they can be anywhere between the dish and the receivers.

Most of the HD receivers don't come with HDMI, but they usually have component in the box. Insist that the installation isn't done until you can see HD on your TV.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Have the installer show you the signal strength on all the transponders on 129. The lowest should be in the 60's. Anything less than this and you will have crap for pix as weather goes bad. Go out and get cables HD cables don't come w/ units.

·
Legend
129 Posts
See if you can double check exactly what is on the work order given to the installer. My installer (a sub-contractor) just left without doing any work. His work order only included a 622 receiver but no switches nor a Dish 1000. I was very specific with the CSR when I placed the order and told them I wanted the Dish 1000 and what ever switches were necessary to move my 942 into another room. I was surprised to see he did not carry any extra dishes, LNBs, or switches.

·
Legend
129 Posts
Well my installer just left for the second time. It seems we are getting closer. This time they had the 622 receiver and the Dish 1000. Unfortunately, the E* work order still did not include a switch. There must have been some special way E* knew of connecting 4 tuners to the Dish 1000 without any switches.

·
Legend
181 Posts
Tom-Tx said:
Well my installer just left for the second time. It seems we are getting closer. This time they had the 622 receiver and the Dish 1000. Unfortunately, the E* work order still did not include a switch. There must have been some special way E* knew of connecting 4 tuners to the Dish 1000 without any switches.
I have 4 receivers connected to my Dish 500 + Dish 300 pointed at 61.5. The switch is the SW-64. I am not sure this is the answer for you but I am looking at 3 satellites with signals to 4 receivers and it works great.

·
5 Posts
Make sure the guy brings a ladder and drives a Dish Network truck to ensure the BEST SERVICE. More people...the better.

The id*ot who install my sat dish did not drive a DISH NETWORK truck, did not bring a ladder and make up an excuse not to do the work.

The guy did a very bad job.

Instead of setting the dish in the front side, he moved it all the way back.

If I am getting HD, the new person need to move the dish and re-do all the wires.

·
Mentor
47 Posts
Is it possible to specify a type of dish that you want instead of
depending on what they will give you?

For instance, if I sub to DishHD Bronze (110,119 and 129) and one International Programming (currently on 118.7), they should give you one
Dish 1000 Plus antenna instead of one Superdish 121 antenna and one extra antenna pointing to 61W. Correct?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.