DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about switching to dish but just saw the info posted about rate increases. This confuses me because I thought it was announced @ CES the package for 49.99 a month including DVR 200 channels plus locals etc etc. How will this be affected? Why would anyone get the other packages if this one can be had for this price.

Also on the channel line up it was said it will be 200 channels. I know its said we dont know what the line up will be and thats what confuses me.

Wont it be the Americas top 180 plus 20 more?

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
The $49.99 price announced at CES was the new price for AT200 (currently called AT120) plus locals plus a DVR. That plan starts February 1st with the new pricing.

If you want to know what is in it look at the current AT120 listings. Right now AT120 contains more than 200 channels (counting 96 audio channels, 22 public interest channels, 12 "shopping" channels). The name change is just getting the number right.

AT180 is becoming AT250 - with more than 260 channels already in AT180.

· Hall Of Fame
1,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ahhhh, well then that makes jumping to Dish a little harder to do, I thought I was getting an unbelievable deal from dish. I think I will wait a bit, im sure DTV will be doing something to match this offer, then ill just call up and threaten to leave, that always seems to make them want to give stuff away. Thanks for the info James, if I went to Dish id want the 180 package but if thats gunna be more then id be paying the same amount as i am now. Man why do they make it so tough to make a decision.

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
There should also be a DVRAdvantage package coming including "AT250" for $69.99 which also includes (you are required to subscribe) your choice of movie package (save $6.97 over non-bundled prices). This would be SD only ... Adding HD would put you way up there at $89.99 .

· AllStar
99 Posts
James Long said:
The $49.99 price announced at CES was the new price for AT200 (currently called AT120) plus locals plus a DVR. That plan starts February 1st with the new pricing.

If you want to know what is in it look at the current AT120 listings. Right now AT120 contains more than 200 channels (counting 96 audio channels, 22 public interest channels, 12 "shopping" channels). The name change is just getting the number right.

AT180 is becoming AT250 - with more than 260 channels already in AT180.
So by the sounds of this just changing name not adding any new channels???

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
No new channel additions have been announced (although AT60 subs will get 32 CD music channels when their package becomes AT100 - for the same price).

The primary name change is to reflect channels already added since the names were last changed.

· Super Moderator
54,197 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.