Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So does dish sell the dish Local Pack separate now ? Thanks

Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,902 Posts
So does dish sell the dish Local Pack separate now ?
Only DISH can tell you whether they will offer it to you and if so, how much they'll charge.

·
Registered
10 Posts
So does dish sell the dish Local Pack separate now ? Thanks

Sent from my T790W using Tapatalk
Here is another recent post with more information:

Looks like $26.83 in Ohio. Your price and availability may vary, based on where you are located.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,902 Posts
Here is another recent post with more information:
What isn't clear in that post was whether or not the poster was subscribing to standalone locals as a grandfathered package (you can keep it if you have it, otherwise it is not available). Grandfathering can extend the offering of an otherwise discontinued package but it cannot make new subscribers eligible. I suspect patrickiser has been a long-time locals-only subscriber.

Recent information from DISH (as well as someone who called to ask) suggests that you must have a base package (such as Flex for $52.99/month) to subscribe to local channels (an additional $12).

Flex is still available under the pay-as-you-go plans (and maybe those who aren't under a programming commitment).

Reactions: psanrules

·
Super Moderator
53,146 Posts
What isn't clear in that post was whether or not the poster was subscribing to standalone locals as a grandfathered package (you can keep it if you have it, otherwise it is not available). Grandfathering can extend the offering of an otherwise discontinued package but it cannot make new subscribers eligible. I suspect patrickiser has been a long-time locals-only subscriber.
Per the linked post, she was a former subscriber and the photo showed the cost of restoring her locals only service.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,902 Posts
Per the linked post, she was a former subscriber and the photo showed the cost of restoring her locals only service.
Resuming pay-as-you-go is a different proposition than being a "new" customer. As the account is open but not active, grandfathering is likely to be in play.

The current Pay As You Go page does not list Locals Only as an available package.

·
Godfather
504 Posts
Does anyone know if Dish is still broadcasting HD light as opposed to Directv brodcasting full HD? What's the difference you ask? Directv broadcasts HD at 1080 x 1920 where Dish used to, or still broadcasts HD at 1080 x 1440. That means dish uses less lines going across, which compromises picture quality for most people who care about PQ. They sent me a flyer with a good introductory price, but HD lite keeps me from switching.

·
Beware the Attack Basset
23,902 Posts
Does anyone know if Dish is still broadcasting HD light as opposed to Directv brodcasting full HD?
We don't know. The quality on most channels is pretty good these days.

As for DIRECTV, many subscribers aren't as happy as they once were about the picture quality as evidenced by posts about a deficit of DIRECTV PQ relative to DIRECTV Stream.

·
Registered
120 Posts
We don't know. The quality on most channels is pretty good these days.

As for DIRECTV, many subscribers aren't as happy as they once were about the picture quality as evidenced by posts about a deficit of DIRECTV PQ relative to DIRECTV Stream.
I agree. But, that does depend partly on your telly screen. My picture is verrrry nice and clear.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree. But, that does depend partly on your telly screen. My picture is verrrry nice and clear.
It also depends on which model of Dish receiver you are using. Anecdotally, people who upgrade to a Hopper 3 tend to report seeing better picture quality than they had before with earlier receiver models.

·
Registered
120 Posts
It also depends on which model of Dish receiver you are using. Anecdotally, people who upgrade to a Hopper 3 tend to report seeing better picture quality than they had before with earlier receiver models.
You are good. I never thought of that. Very good and I agree with that 100%.

I do have a Hopper 3.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
10 Posts
I do have a Hopper 3.
So do I. Of course, I also upgraded to a new 4K TV at around the same time that I got my Hopper 3. So, I haven't really done a side-by-side comparison for myself. (Old TV vs. new TV, nor old receiver vs. new Hopper 3 on the same TV) My picture looks great, though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts