DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the Sept Charlie Chat it was annnounced that WJAL (incorrectly identified asaa WB affiliate) will be added to the DC lineip on the 12th.

I looked in the hidden DP guide because for some silly reason I was surious about the channel number. Surprisingly it did not appear but WHAG did. Does anyone know if that is likely to come on line soon?

Secondly and this might belong in the PVR forum there were listings channels 1-99 which i had not noticed before. Is this a precursor to revised channel mapping on the DP or were those numbers always there but I never noticed?

:confused:

·
Hall Of Fame
5,345 Posts
Geronimo,

Channel 1 on the Dishplayer is the "PTV" channel. It has been there since the beginning of time. :) To my knowledge, the Dishplayers will not get local channel mapping. There is a possibility they could find another way to do it, but as of right now, only the Open TV models (3900, 4900, 301, 501, 721) have this capability.

As to the JAL channel number, it's on the big list www.dishchannelchart.com or www.dishchannellist.com

See ya
Tony

·
Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know they don't have the mapping now. However to the best of my knowledge there was never any announcement that ONLY Open TV receivers would get it. I just wondered if this meant there was any positive news.

As always I checked your site before posting. I did see WHAG but without a date. I just thought it odd that the hiddden menu had that channel and not the one they announced is coming.

·
Legend
123 Posts
TNGTony... This issue has come up before and been clarified. Dishplayers will get local channel remapping, however, since the rewriting of Dishplayer software involves two separate companies, it is taking longer than expected.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.