DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chancellor
Joined
·
9,094 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm intending to do some landscaping work around the house this weekend or the next, and since the area I'm working on is where the Phase III dish is now, and where the AT9 (or Slimline) dish is going, I want to go ahead and put the pole in for the new dish.

However, I need to know the pole size I'm going to need for the KA/KU dish?

~Alan
 

·
DBSTalk Club Member
Joined
·
460 Posts
Anybody have a recommendation of the types of places to look for such a pole? I was in Home Depot yesterday, and the only thing they had near that size was 1.9 inches. Is that "close enough?"
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
21,331 Posts
Assuming that Dish and DirecTv use the same size pole still, I have used a standard chain link fence post several times in the past. It should work fine.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
74 Posts
Alan Gordon said:
I'm intending to do some landscaping work around the house this weekend or the next, and since the area I'm working on is where the Phase III dish is now, and where the AT9 (or Slimline) dish is going, I want to go ahead and put the pole in for the new dish.

However, I need to know the pole size I'm going to need for the KA/KU dish?

~Alan
My understanding is that they use a 3" pole for the AT9. I just spoke with a tech supervisor this morning when he came out and told be I had to cut some branches down first. You can buy a 3" pole at Lowe's fro $16.00 but you will have to have them cut it to size because it's a 10 footer. Look in the electrical isle where the conduit is.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,522 Posts
First i have heard of a 3" being used. I suppose it is not actually 3" and could possibly work. Mine was installed on a 2" pole, and has been reported by many others as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,532 Posts
Richard King said:
Assuming that Dish and DirecTv use the same size pole still, I have used a standard chain link fence post several times in the past. It should work fine.
The 1 5/8" fence post works fine for the Phase III and prior. The AT9 needs a 2" pole. And they are hard to find. Try a muffler shop in the area.
 

·
AllStar
Joined
·
57 Posts
Herdfan said:
The 1 5/8" fence post works fine for the Phase III and prior. The AT9 needs a 2" pole. And they are hard to find. Try a muffler shop in the area.
I used a 2" OD swing set post. Also you may look into Rigid conduit, although that would be kinda expensive.
Any post 2" OD will work, if it seems too thin just fill it will concrete.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top